Our True Blood season finale themed dinner....

cruiser

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have never seen this but will look for the new season and ck it out.
How did your gf make her watermelon salad if you know?

nutrolori

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauren_miller

That sounds so awesome!! I felt kind of sad after the finale. We won't have any more True Blood till next summer... it's just so long! I thought the cement covered Eric was hilarious. Do you think Sookie will ever clean up her house? That place could use some paint after what Marianne did to it! LOL
I felt like the finale could have been a little longer, like an extra 30 minutes. It wasn't the best season ending I have ever seen. I love the show and will definitely be re-watching seasons 1-3 until Season 4 starts next summer. Heck, I may even read the books a fourth time.
:lol3

Alan Ball did say in Season 4 someone doesn't remember who they are and someone else sees that person in a whole new light. I hope they follow along the books a little more on that. I also hope the person with amnesia isn't Russell Eddington!!! That would just be way off the books. I don't want the show exactly like the books that would be boring. I just hope it doesn't get too far off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NutroLori

I felt like the finale could have been a little longer, like an extra 30 minutes. It wasn't the best season ending I have ever seen. I love the show and will definitely be re-watching seasons 1-3 until Season 4 starts next summer. Heck, I may even read the books a fourth time.
:lol3

Alan Ball did say in Season 4 someone doesn't remember who they are and someone else sees that person in a whole new light. I hope they follow along the books a little more on that. I also hope the person with amnesia isn't Russell Eddington!!! That would just be way off the books. I don't want the show exactly like the books that would be boring. I just hope it doesn't get too far off.
You should have been at our True Blood season finale dinner! Even before it started we all said it should be longer. We also felt it wasn't the best finale..... The entire season was so packed with new character intros, sub plots, deaths, and finally revealed secrets that there wasn't an over all theme of the evil character threatening our favorite True Blood characters and town. Suddenly they all had their own, for the most part, separate evils they were dealing with. So when they finally put Russell in a cement bed, the least that could have happened, it wasn't satisfying. Then they make Bill possibly more evil then Eric? Me no like.......
When you watch the first 2 seasons, where one finale ends, the next season premiere picks up, but atleast you have some feeling of peace for everyone till the next season

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

You should have been at our True Blood season finale dinner! Even before it started we all said it should be longer. We also felt it wasn't the best finale..... The entire season was so packed with new character intros, sub plots, deaths, and finally revealed secrets that there wasn't an over all theme of the evil character threatening our favorite True Blood characters and town. Suddenly they all had their own, for the most part, separate evils they were dealing with. So when they finally put Russell in a cement bed, the least that could have happened, it wasn't satisfying. Then they make Bill possibly more evil then Eric? Me no like.......
When you watch the first 2 seasons, where one finale ends, the next season premiere picks up, but atleast you have some feeling of peace for everyone till the next season
I adore the books, and I'm a big fan of the show as well, but there was just WAY too much happening this season. They tried to incorporate elements from, what, 3 different books? Plus all the "new" characters who never appeared in the books, and all their storylines. I was on the edge of my seat for the first, say, two or three episodes...but it just felt like the show wasn't really GOING anywhere. When you have to touch on 12 different plot points in the space of an hour, none of them really move forward much.

I still have high hopes for season 4 (book 4 having been my favorite, and I'm sure I'm not alone there), but they need to slow it down a bit, and bring the focus back to the main characters more. This insane pace just can't keep up; I've gone from desperately wanting more, to being bored with it, in the space of a season.

There were some high points though. I wasn't a big fan of Alcide in the books, and I can't say he's that much better on the show...but at the same time, WOW is that guy gorgeous.
And Pam! She had a lot of the best little humorous moments in the books, and they've done such a great job translating that to the screen. I'm also happy that "Saint Bill" has finally been taken down a few pegs...he was really just getting boring. I was worried for awhile there, that Alan Ball was so obsessed with the real-life Anna Paquin/Stephen Moyer relationship that he was going to let it dictate the show, and that would've been a deal-breaker for me.

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by at129

I adore the books, and I'm a big fan of the show as well, but there was just WAY too much happening this season. They tried to incorporate elements from, what, 3 different books? Plus all the "new" characters who never appeared in the books, and all their storylines. I was on the edge of my seat for the first, say, two or three episodes...but it just felt like the show wasn't really GOING anywhere. When you have to touch on 12 different plot points in the space of an hour, none of them really move forward much.

I still have high hopes for season 4 (book 4 having been my favorite, and I'm sure I'm not alone there), but they need to slow it down a bit, and bring the focus back to the main characters more. This insane pace just can't keep up; I've gone from desperately wanting more, to being bored with it, in the space of a season.

There were some high points though. I wasn't a big fan of Alcide in the books, and I can't say he's that much better on the show...but at the same time, WOW is that guy gorgeous.
And Pam! She had a lot of the best little humorous moments in the books, and they've done such a great job translating that to the screen. I'm also happy that "Saint Bill" has finally been taken down a few pegs...he was really just getting boring. I was worried for awhile there, that Alan Ball was so obsessed with the real-life Anna Paquin/Stephen Moyer relationship that he was going to let it dictate the show, and that would've been a deal-breaker for me.
I totally agree with your entire post! Book 4 was one of my favorites too and I really hope the tv series does it justice. I thought season 3 was boring too.

I think the relationship between Pam and Eric was one of the most interesting story lines this season. I really liked seeing them together. Pam is one of my favorite characters on the show.