Our soon to be new addition!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a stunning boy (well they both are ) looking forward to photos when he arrives, especially when he meets his new room mate

What did Radar say when you explained about a new kitty coming soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so worried about him grieving for his mum and siblings the first couple of days. I remember Radar's first night or two with us I ended up in tears because he was crying. We comforted him as best we could but we weren't his mum, he wanted his mum.

I feel horrible about separating a kitten from his mother. I know it has to happen but I always feel bad about it whenever I get a new young animal. Am I daft, or just oversensitive?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I am so worried about him grieving for his mum and siblings the first couple of days. I remember Radar's first night or two with us I ended up in tears because he was crying. We comforted him as best we could but we weren't his mum, he wanted his mum.

I feel horrible about separating a kitten from his mother. I know it has to happen but I always feel bad about it whenever I get a new young animal. Am I daft, or just oversensitive?
Neither... when we first got 8-Bit he was upset that he was taken away from his litter mates. He cried for a good hour.

As long as you are sensitive to his needs he'll be fine and grow to love you.

BTW he's so cute it makes my eyes hurt.

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, look at that face!!!! Adorable! I know you just can't wait to have him home!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like orientals - but I'm not sure if i'll ever be owned by one. He's pretty cute!!! As for making him feel at home quickly, just do all you can to make him feel cozy, scents sounds etc.

p.s. i slept in the safe room with stoli when we first got him. that must be why he is attached to my hip now.