Our NEW lil ones.... & 1 question

prncss89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well it is now 4:30 and Tiny-One has finished with 5 beautiful babies. Mom and babies are all doing just great. I didn't have to do anything but love on her. All 5 are nursing well.
They seem very healthy!!
I will post more pictures tomorrow I am letting them all rest now! I do have one question. How much should they weigh? What is normal just so I can be sure?
Thanks!
Melissa

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...Picture031.jpg

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by prncss89

Well it is now 4:30 and Tiny-One has finished with 5 beautiful babies. Mom and babies are all doing just great. I didn't have to do anything but love on her. All 5 are nursing well.
They seem very healthy!!
I will post more pictures tomorrow I am letting them all rest now! I do have one question. How much should they weigh? What is normal just so I can be sure?
Thanks!
Melissa

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...Picture031.jpg
Kitten Weight
At birth, weight should be approx 3-3.4 ounces.

At age 1 week weight should be approx. 4 ounces.

At age 2 weeks, weight should be approx. 7 ounces.

At age 3 weeks, weight should be approx. 10 ounces.

At age 4 weeks weight should be approx. 13 ounces.

At age 5 weeks, weight should be approximately 1 pound.

By the end of the 8th week, kittens should weigh approximately 2.2 pounds.

Of course, all these weights are approximate. You may have a kitten that is slightly under or over these weights and still be perfectly healthy. If ever you have a concern about your kitten, or he just doesn't seem 'right', consult a vet. On the internet there is a pretty extensive kitty calendar you can use. You can access it here.

http://www.kitten-rescue.com/bottle_feeding_kitten.html

alliread

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the babies, they are sooooooo cute..I have to have the little one thats white and has the tabby marks..he is my cats missing child!!!
He looks just like her

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on the kitties. How many boys and girls? Look forward to more pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prncss89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know how many boys/girls yet. I am going to check it today when I weigh them again. I have 3 children so I am waiting when thir daddy takes them out for a bit lol. Makes it less hetic with them wanting to get a look at them. I will post their genders and pic soon!
Melissa

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW she only had 5. I am really glad she had them. They are pretty. She was a big Mommy so I think you will be fine. They all look great also.