Our kitty snuck out and returned - is she pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gayef thank you for coming to my defense in it only being an emoticon.

Candi

lydia_plus3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vet will be able to tell if she's pregnant through ultrasound after about 3 weeks. You will have an idea by then, if her heat cycles have stopped. However cats can have false pregnancies. This is what happened the first time Lydia got out. Even the vet speculated she might be pregnant - belly felt full. He wouldn't say for sure w/out an ultrasound. I decided to save my money & wait & see. I realized she wasn't when she went into heat again about 5 or 6 weeks later. Unfortunately, she had escaped again, & I felt the same way you do about spaying her while pregnant. In her case, she was only gone 1 day, March 12, so I knew where to start counting from. She now has 3 adorable kittens, born May 15th, just 1 day after the vets guess. I think that put her at about 65 days, or 9 weeks, & 1 day. Lydia, also seemed to be starving for attention while she was pregnant. She slept a lot, & ate a lot more. I would switch Tinsel to kitten chow, if she isn't eating that already, & make sure she always has food in her dish, water is especially important. I had always given Lydia Purina, until I found out how much better Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Kitten food was. It is very nutritious. At first you will be able to tell by comparing labels, then you will see it in your cat - I did the first day! You can find it at Petsmart. It does cost more, but is worth it in my opinion. Cats can be spayed as soon as they are 4 mos old, or once their kittens are weaned, about 6 weeks after delivery. I would recommend keeping her indoors at all times until then. Sorry for such a long post, I guess I am long winded also.

nano

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Candi

Thank you Nana for your oh so kind message!
To tell you the total truth about the emoticon -
Being new to the site, I still have yet to figure out which emoticon shows up where. The smiley face you are referring to was simply to show that I was happy to be here.

Happily Yours,
Candi
You've only used that face twice...so I guess you are very happy to be registered here.

And this is definitely an informative site, and depending on intentions one can learn as little or as much as anyone cares to. Personally I've learned a lot and am a better cat owner for the hours I spent reading or posting in these forums.

Regardless, you are the guardian of any cats living under your roof so I only wish things go well.