Our Hunters

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
HUNT0313.JPG

Sorry for the poor image (it was taken at night by a motion camera), but if you look carefully, you can see Suki (bottom left) with a mouse in her mouth, and Willy, above her, looking at the mouse hungrily.

This isn't a rare occurrence at our place, but we don't have many moments caught on camera!

Are there any of you out there with evidence of your cat's hunting skill? (Insects count too)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Link with a Lizard. Link is the one who usually gets bored with his catches before they break. So most of the critters he gets make it out of the encounter alive, including this lizard.

20170704_083552.jpg

Rocket with a mouse.... in the house :angryfire:

Funny story, this particular mouse got away from her and me. It ended up hiding under my dresser and Rocket sat there all night watching it. In the morning she was still waiting for the mouse to come out and occasionally trying to paw under it. That evening I got home from work and found Rocket with the mouse in the kitchen. The poor thing had not a mark on it but being stalked by the cat for 24 hours was probably too much for it. Suicide by cat to enter our house especially around Rocket. She never gets tired and she finds catches endless fun. I've seen her tossing a lizard around for two hours before, long after it had expired. She was feral and most of the time if I try to take something away she will run from me and guard it.

20160922_201244.jpg

20160922_201625.jpg

Nightfury with an Easter Egg. :crackup:

In reality, Nightfury is the biggest hunter of the three. Only thing is, he is also the provider type. So he is brings his catches in the house to share with Rocket, Link and us. Isn't he so kind? Most of the time we don't realize there is something until he drops it, still alive usually, at the feet of the first person he finds then steps back to let them have it. Nightfury is also the one who will eat pretty much any insect he catches and we have often caught him halfway through a cricket or grasshopper. At least he doesn't waste them?

IMG_4101.JPG

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Max brought me his first capture at 5 months of age. In the last 2 weeks he captured 2 more and earlier today he reached out a cracked sliding glass door attempting to grab of the tiniest mouse and bring it indoors! Gifts for momma!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tama was a great hunter when he was young but he mostly played with his prey when he caught it. I rarely seen him eat it. He would sling moles and mice in the air and then swat them down with his paw. He would kill them and leave them laying there. He did like crickets though! When he was in his golden years he preferred this kind of hunting! Picture 011.jpg