Our Hawaiian Friends

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

Hoping all is well with our Hawaiian friends. Hawaii had a 6.6 earthquake this morning, knocked out all power to the islands but according to the news, no deaths or injuries reported yet. Bless you all.
Janet!
....Is wonderful to find you here!!!!!

My prayers to all people...
.....I hope still so well....

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's a week late but I just learned about this thread. I started a thread in SOS about the animals lost as a result f the earth quake and Pami was kind enough to direct me to this thread. Thanks again.

Most of the damage was on the Big Island where Mauna Kea is. SwampWitch, your husband must work on the telescopes if the is going there. I know there was damage to some of the telescopes from the earthquake. There is also damage to schools and hospitals on that island and about 30 houses have been declared uninhabitable. Thankfully there were not fatalities anywhere in the state.

The electricity was off all day on Oahu. For me it was 13 hours and some parts of the island were off even longer. The other islands got power back on much earlier because the systems there are not as complicated as on Oahu. I was not on the Internet at all that day which is probably why I missed this thread.

Being from California originally this reminded me of earthquakes there. I was there for the 1989 Loma Prieta quake and this one felt a lot like it.

Thanks again to all for the kind comments.

otisbird

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hopefully all the lost animals will find their way home. Being from California I have felt my share....pretty scary!

My fingers are crossed.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otisbird

Hopefully all the lost animals will find their way home. Being from California I have felt my share....pretty scary!

My fingers are crossed.
Yes, all the animals are home according to a report on the TV news Wednesday evening.
I'm sure that the TCS vibes were a major factor.
Thanks to all for your support.