Our First Snow Storm Of The Season

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a few more inches last night, and a lot of rain. John said its hard to get at with the snow blower because of all the ice. Our landlord was up plowing our parking lots at 8AM. Its nice to not have to worry about that :Lol3: John takes care of his mom's though.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a very light dusting. It just makes everything look so pretty.
Freezing rain is on it's way though. Tomorrow is going to be cold and windy (50mph)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like we may have had a touch of freezing rain here, but that's it!
Just a few minutes north of me is getting more though. Guess we narrowly escaped it this time!

But someone please explain to me why my step-sister is suddenly here and getting ready to head back to Maine today in all of this!?! With my 7 month old nephew in tow!?! I'm guessing she has school tomorrow and finals are coming up, but what prompted her to make this trip on an icky weekend is beyond me!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked and we're still snowing here...however it looks like its the snow/rain mix now. Whatever is falling is more "in line" then freely floating.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I measured Sun morning and we had about 8 inches but with temps increasing throughout the night and a bit of sleet it might have compacted a bit.
The Sat nite drive to Neil's christmas party was quite exciting however. First-we should have taken the truck as our car is pretty low to the ground and no plows so we tried as best we could to follow the tracks. We could go about 25-30 mph on our normal 55 mph roads! Had to pass a minivan though-a few minutes of additional excitement. When we finally got to Green Bay and close to the restaurant (Brett Farve's steak house which is about 4 blocks from Lambeau) there was lots of traffic and the parking lot was quite full. I figured there must be a big concert -there was Sugarland was in town) so finding a spot to park-interesting. Leaving was fun too as the snow was what I call greasy and Neil & I took turns trying to push car out of parking lot. More fun once out of Green Bay and driving the unplowed roads-which were worse. Had to pass another car as they were going so slow (about 20 mph) were were afraid of getting stuck. Made it to our road and driveway where we did get stuck so Neil snowblowed enough to pull car in garage. What driving fun!!