Our EXOTIC furbabies

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RuthiesMom

John, I, for one, never tire of reading about your babies. Feel free to update anytime you feel like it!
I LOVE seeing and hearing about your big babies!

jenearly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
*looks at the pictures and your sig* Wow, they are cuuute! and huge. haha. I will browse around to see more of their pictures.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carmelo is turning into strapping young boy - Yowza! Do you see less of his baby side as time goes on: i.e., not as much need to cuddle, less whining for attention?

Also, do the domestics cuddle with Carmelo? I know they do so with the Bobcats but I haven't seen a pictures of Aurora and friends playing/ cuddling with Carmelo.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow look at the size of those Paws - if they are an indication of how big he will be you will have one strapping fellow!!!

All your babies are just soooooo beautiful!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

CAn you pet him yet? does he allow Boris or Amber in his pen? I know you said a while back that they would walk on the side of his cage, and he seemed to enjoy their company-- I was wondering if they were playing together yet?
I have touched him, but he still grumbles when you do. This is something he will probably never get over, since he is outside and doesn't get the same constant attention as Amber, Boris and Carmelo do. Since he never received this sort of affection as a kitten, he just doesn't understand it. The people who owned him prior to me, had him for breeding only and never showed him love. However, I know he is happy here with us. It's just one of those things you feel. You walk into his enclosure and he blinks at you and wags his tail. Anytime I talk to him he blinks at me as well. He is very curious too. When I am in the enclosure with him, he will walk up behind me like he wants to jump on my back. (Boris loves to do this) Yes, Boris and Amber can go inside with him. Carmelo and Nakoma are really good pals. I don't let them in with him now however. Nakoma has been calling for a mate, this is breeding season and I don't want to have any territorial disputes. This will end soon however.
Carmelo is turning into strapping young boy - Yowza! Do you see less of his baby side as time goes on: i.e., not as much need to cuddle, less whining for attention?

Also, do the domestics cuddle with Carmelo? I know they do so with the Bobcats but I haven't seen a pictures of Aurora and friends playing/ cuddling with Carmelo.
No, Carmelo is still a BIG baby. He loves his cuddles and still wants us to hold him in our arms. He puts his front feet on our shoulders. When you pet his face and chin, he will pick up his back feet and expects you to hold him in your arms. At 70 pounds, this is a challenge. I am trying to stop this however, I can't have him expecting us to hold him in our arms when he is an adult
At night, he will hug you and go to sleep and he still loves to groom my head
The domestics don't cuddle with Carmelo a lot. But at night, if Carmelo is allowed to sleep with us in our bed, they will cuddle with him there. I think my wife has a picture of Carmelo and one of the domestics sleeping with me, on her cell phone.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

Wow look at the size of those Paws - if they are an indication of how big he will be you will have one strapping fellow!!!

All your babies are just soooooo beautiful!!!
Oh yeah, all 140-180 pounds of him

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how I missed this thread before, I have just looked all through it. they are beautiful, beautiful, cats.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

For the Aurora fans, here she is....

Aurora says yep, it's about time

There she is!!
About time is right!! Look at those big paws! Gorgeous!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John how many toes does Aurora have? Lots and lots I can see in the pic but can't tell how many. Can we see new pics of the Pixie Bob too??? Thanks!!!

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread and I just wanted to say, your babies are so beautiful. Carmelo is my favorite of the bunch. He seems to be such a character.

My mom told me once that she had a friend with a cougar. Eventually they had to get rid of it or something. I would love to be able to share a home with such beautiful creatures, but alas, I am terrified of such large animals like cougars. I once had a rottwieler who was much like your Carmelo. I scared him one day by accident and he put two holes in my arm with his teeth. Afterwards he seemed really sorry and despite my love for him, I was scared to death of him. I would be scared all the time if I had a cougar of a repeat event.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

John how many toes does Aurora have? Lots and lots I can see in the pic but can't tell how many. Can we see new pics of the Pixie Bob too??? Thanks!!!
Aurora has 6 toes on each front foot. She has 1 extra toe on each back foot as well. Aurora is one of our Pixie Bobs, so I am not sure which one you wanted to see. Lil Roar, Tommy Boy and Cinnamon are our other 3 Pixie Bobs. Amber, Boris and Nakoma are the bobcats.
My mom told me once that she had a friend with a cougar. Eventually they had to get rid of it or something. I would love to be able to share a home with such beautiful creatures, but alas, I am terrified of such large animals like cougars. I once had a rottwieler who was much like your Carmelo. I scared him one day by accident and he put two holes in my arm with his teeth. Afterwards he seemed really sorry and despite my love for him, I was scared to death of him. I would be scared all the time if I had a cougar of a repeat event
That is so sad that they had to get rid of their cougar. I could not even think about parting ways with Carmelo. There is no reason to be terrified of a cougar, even in the wild. Most of the injuries by free roaming wild cougars, are by females who have very young cubs. Carmelo however, is not a "wild" cougar. He was bred, born and raised in captivity. Now, this does not mean that an injury can not happen if you do the wrong things. That is why it takes such a great deal of care and responsibility to do it right. You must always remember. Anything that you do not want the cougar to do when he is an adult, you do not do while he is a young cub. For instance. He loves to play chase, I chase him, but at no time do I turn, run and let him chase me. You do not want a full grown adult cougar chasing after you. Even though this would just be a game to him, due to his size, you could accidently be injured. At no time do you ever use your arms and hands, or any body part, as a toy. All playing should be with a toy at all times. When done right, Carmelo will be a big lovable boy, even at 180 pounds. At the moment however, he is going through a phase where all he wants to do is chew chew chew. It doesn't help that he is teething as well.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Aurora has 6 toes on each front foot. She has 1 extra toe on each back foot as well. Aurora is one of our Pixie Bobs, so I am not sure which one you wanted to see. Lil Roar, Tommy Boy and Cinnamon are our other 3 Pixie Bobs. Amber, Boris and Nakoma are the bobcats.
I only counted 4 domestic names there...(Aurora, Lil Roar, Tommy Boy and Cinnamon!??). I say bring on the domestic pics and stories!! We all know who rules your house!!!! (heehee...and it's not you!)

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it funny how John's biggest cat is the baby of the family and that one of his smaller cats is the Alpha cat? Just goes to show that size is ALL about personality.

I love those pictures of Aurora -- you can tell why she rules the roost!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG How CUTE are they?!?!?! I would LOVE to cuddle with them!!!! I have to ask..how old is Carmelo? You say he can grow another 140lbs or so?!?! What are your plans for him when he gets big? I'm assuming he will get to be standard cougar size right? Does he use a litter box or does he go outside? Just curious... They are all SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Oh my goodness i'm so out of touch with this thread!. I think the last time i was in here was when we had the crash

Their gorgeous, and huge!!!!
Oh yeah, Carmelo put on a few pounds since then
Boris seems to be going through another growth stage. His ears are getting larger and his legs longer.
only counted 4 domestic names there...(Aurora, Lil Roar, Tommy Boy and Cinnamon!??). I say bring on the domestic pics and stories!! We all know who rules your house!!!! (heehee...and it's not you!)
Actually I have 5 domestics. Those 4 are the Pixie Bobs, we have 1 more domestic named Katrina, she is our oldest cat now at 16. We had another at 18 years old, but she went to the bridge a couple years ago. RIP dear shadow
We adopted Katrina from the shelter when she was 10 years old. She is a siamese mix.
Isn't it funny how John's biggest cat is the baby of the family and that one of his smaller cats is the Alpha cat? Just goes to show that size is ALL about personality.

I love those pictures of Aurora -- you can tell why she rules the roost!
You know, I think if Aurora was as big as Carmelo, I would be scared of her
She can be one tough girl. But at night, she is a big cuddler

OMG How CUTE are they?!?!?! I would LOVE to cuddle with them!!!! I have to ask..how old is Carmelo? You say he can grow another 140lbs or so?!?! What are your plans for him when he gets big? I'm assuming he will get to be standard cougar size right? Does he use a litter box or does he go outside? Just curious... They are all SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Carmelo is only 11 months old. He is approx 70 pounds now. He is an eastern cougar, so they are a little smaller than a western cougar. Western cougars can weigh as much as 200-230 pounds, with females smaller than males. Eastern cougars will grow to approx 140-180 pounds. Again, as with all cats, females smaller than the males. Carmelo has approx 70-100 pounds to go yet. When he gets big, he will be right here with us
However, at that size, he will need an outdoor enclosure. He lives inside with us now. The more contact that he receives with us now, the better he will be as an adult. He is a big baby and loves to cuddle
Yes, he uses the litter box...a very large littler box
Actually, it is a large bin that is used for mixing concrete in. It measures approx 3 feet by 2 feet. All the cats love it, it is the most used of all litter boxes that we have. I have 6 boxes.