Our EXOTIC furbabies

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohh I am so sad about your situation with Carmelo and send you and the mrs lots of

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read this entire thread and what a sad turn of events.
Add my well wishes to all the rest and give the beautiful cougar a big hug
from me next time you see him. Oh, and when you have a chance I'd like to request more pics... I have a sweet spot for Boris.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Ohh I am so sad about your situation with Carmelo and send you and the mrs lots of
Thank you for the
He is still our boy, just living on someone elses property for the moment. But, I am determined to find a new location to move to, so that he will be back with us
Rest assured, that where he is at now, he is getting spoiled with lots of love, just as he does with us.

I just read this entire thread and what a sad turn of events. Add my well wishes to all the rest and give the beautiful cougar a big hug from me next time you see him. Oh, and when you have a chance I'd like to request more pics... I have a sweet spot for Boris.
I will be sure to give him lots of hugs tomorrow for everyone
I believe I have some recent pictures of Boris, that I have not posted yet. But, since my digital camera is messed up, I have to use film for Carmelo, so it will be a while before new pictures of him are posted. If the weather is good tomorrow, I will bring the cameras and use up as much film on him as I can. Boris is a sweet boy and has such a wonderful personality

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, please give your fur kids a nice long rub down from me!

I am praying you find a wonderful area for you and you babies. Please keep us posted on the search.

I can't wait to see pictures of Borris!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, I am just catching up on this thread.
I am sorry to hear about your situation caused by one uniformed person!

I know you and your wife and the bobcats must be missing having Carmello with you terribly.
to you all.

Sending good luck vibes that you find the perfect place to move where you won't have to deal with these types of people.

Give all of your kits scritches for me and extra ones to Carmello when you visit him.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just got home from visiting Carmelo about 2 hours ago. It was so wonderful to see him and to be able to give him hugs, kisses and head rubs. (He loves when I rub my head all over his. He does it back too
) The first thing I heard when I got out of my car was CHIRP! CHIRP! As if he was saying, my daddy is here
I got lots of cougar kisses too and not just from Carmelo
I played with the lynxes and the bobcats too and then it was time to do some work. The work never ends there. We worked on cages, picked up dirty food bowls so they can be washed, played with Carmelo, cleaned litter boxes for the regular domestic kitties, played with Carmelo, went to the store to buy fencing, loaded and unloaded same, scooped cougar poop
and fed all the cats. Of course, more love for Carmelo. As always, it is hard to leave. However, it was very dark, so I couldn't see Carmelo, but he could see and or hear me. As I walked to my car, I heard more chirps. I told him I loved him and will see him again very soon.
How have the rest of the furkids reacted to Carmelo's absence?
They pretty much act the same. They all got along quite well, since Carmelo was brought here as a very young cub. The only thing I do notice, is that Amber and Boris seem to be closer to each other than ever before. They play more together and they are always following each other around. They used to play with Carmelo a lot, so I think they are helping each other to get over the loss of their cougar pal. I let Amber and Boris out in the enlcosure more, because Nakoma used to like having Carmelo out there with him. I didn't take any pictures today. The weather wasn't the best, mainly cloudy and it looked like it was going to rain all day, but it never did. I will be on vacation soon, so I will have lots of time to take some good pictures

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi John,

I've been reading this thread for quite a long time now, and the latest developments have really got me steaming!

You are obviously a very responsible exotic cat owner who has experience and isn't afraid of hard work and research in order to give your beautiful exotics the best care possible.

I'm pulling for you! Hope this story has a happy ending at the end of the day.

Hugs and skritches for your wonderful cougar boy Carmelo, and his pals Boris, Amber, Nakoma and the domestics!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just catching up with this. I am so sorry you had to rehome your baby.
That must of been so tough for all of you. I pray that everything works out for you so you all can be back to your big happy family again.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Hi John,

I've been reading this thread for quite a long time now, and the latest developments have really got me steaming!

You are obviously a very responsible exotic cat owner who has experience and isn't afraid of hard work and research in order to give your beautiful exotics the best care possible.

I'm pulling for you! Hope this story has a happy ending at the end of the day.

Hugs and skritches for your wonderful cougar boy Carmelo, and his pals Boris, Amber, Nakoma and the domestics!

Thank you for the kind words. All the bobcats are doing wonderful, as is our boy Carmelo. We visit him regulalry and he is always very happy and excited to see us.
I am just catching up with this. I am so sorry you had to rehome your baby. That must of been so tough for all of you. I pray that everything works out for you so you all can be back to your big happy family again.
He is still our boy and he gets lots of love from our friend as well. Yes, is it tough and at times, I think I hear him calling me and expect to turn around and see that big boy looking at me ready for all his hugs and lots of purrs in return. We miss him very much and I always look forward to my days off, so I can go visit him and as always, spoil him

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Still waiting for new pics, John!
I am trying
But, every since my digital camera broke, I have to use my film cameras. The last time I was with him, just 5 days ago, he wouldn't sit still for pictures. Every time I would go in with him, he would walk up to me to give lots of hugs and big cougar kisses. I won't complain about that, I am always happy to receive cougar kisses and hugs

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was talking to people at work yesterday and they were talking about cougars and bobcats, and I told them how you had them as pets, and they were incredulous, and asked how safe they were. So I showed them all your pics of them snuggled up with your cats, curled up in bed, and how gorgeous they were, and particularly how beautiful Carmelo is, and they were amazed.

They all fell in love just as we all have.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I was talking to people at work yesterday and they were talking about cougars and bobcats, and I told them how you had them as pets, and they were incredulous, and asked how safe they were. So I showed them all your pics of them snuggled up with your cats, curled up in bed, and how gorgeous they were, and particularly how beautiful Carmelo is, and they were amazed.

They all fell in love just as we all have.
That's how it is most of the time, people just don't understand. I have some family members that are the same way and even feel I am "stupid" for sharing my life with our beautiful exotics. But, I know better
Unfortunately, with all the mis-information out there, it is hard to convince people to see the truth. Even most shows about wildlife call these creatures vicious killers. Yes, in the wild, they would kill to eat, but that does not make them vicious. Only us humans seem to kill for the "thrill", these animals just kill to eat and so do we. My experience with most humans is that we are the vicious ones, not the animals. We are the ones who kill everything just to fit our needs. I wish the world was filled with all people who loved animals and treated them like we do on TCS, the world would be a much better place
In fact, I have never met a person who loved animals that I did not like. Yes, it does take a lot of hard work and responsibility to live with these wonderful cats, I can not stress that enough. But, I can not even begin to tell you, what a wonderful feeling it is to have a bobcat jump on your back to get you to play, to have them sleep with you at night, to listen to bobcat chatter and purrs, to be able to hug a cougar and to have him hug and kiss you back or to hear him chirp and purr with delight when they see you. Education is the key, I just wish I could make more people understand. Every day, I wake up thinking about my boy Carmelo. I miss seeing him every day, but I enjoy every minute of the days I go and visit him. My wife is going to see him today, I am at work. She is going to call me, so I can hear him chirp and purr his hello's to me

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

That's how it is most of the time, people just don't understand. I have some family members that are the same way and even feel I am "stupid" for sharing my life with our beautiful exotics. But, I know better
That's the same response I got when I told my family that I was considering adopting an exotic. I guess they just can't understand that something that is portrayed as being a killing machine can also be very loving.

kituppy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How are the babies-- No update for a while!! I dont usually respond but I do LOVE to read about them (as well as all other posts on this site!)

Please give us an update! Thank you

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

That's the same response I got when I told my family that I was considering adopting an exotic. I guess they just can't understand that something that is portrayed as being a killing machine can also be very loving.
This is the part that really gets me. These animals ARE NOT killing machines. They kill for only one reason and that is to eat. Humans forget that we too, kill to eat, but we are even more dangerous than any wild animal. Humans kill for the fun of it. We have people who murder and will kill just for greed or money. We destroy any living thing in our path just to suit our needs. You will never see a wild animal kill for the fun of it. If they kill, it is to eat or to defend themselves. I can tell you this. I trust all these cats, but most people I would never trust, except for most animal people
If your family could just see how loving a cougar can be, it would forever change their thinking.
How are the babies-- No update for a while!! I dont usually respond but I do LOVE to read about them (as well as all other posts on this site!)

Please give us an update! Thank you
All of them are doing great
I spent the whole day yesterday with Carmelo and all the other cougars, bobcats and lynxes at our friends facility. Carmelo gave me lots of kisses and purrs. When I first walked in with him. He chirpped with happiness and gave me lots of head butts and purrs, then he flopped down on my feet as if to say, you are staying here with me
At one point, I must have just sat there for a good minute with my arms around him. He just pushed his head against me with his eyes closed and purred so loud, I could feel it though my whole body. I can tell you one thing, that is pure love, something I rarely see from people, except for my wonderful wife

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had a chance to go through the updates and I'm really sorry you had to temporarily rehome Carmelo. But I am glad you are able to visit him and have him close to home.

Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

All of them are doing great
I spent the whole day yesterday with Carmelo.......... He just pushed his head against me with his eyes closed and purred so loud, I could feel it though my whole body. I can tell you one thing, that is pure love, something I rarely see from people, except for my wonderful wife
Now THAT, John, is something you would treasure forever! I would love to be able to experience that for just one moment. You are so fortunate to have these souls in your life. I'm so envious!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now THAT, John, is something you would treasure forever! I would love to be able to experience that for just one moment. You are so fortunate to have these souls in your life. I'm so envious!
I really feel blessed to be able to experience this and you are absolutely right, I treasure the moments every day
Now, I need to take more pictures and post them so everyone can share the experience