Our Doberman Puppy!

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The part I quoted in your reply is very untrue in the particular Doberman breed, this goes for neutered or not.
Talk to any long time responsible breeder and many knowledgeable long time owners, you will hear the same. Many Doberman rescues also won't adopt out to homes with multiple males.
On that same note many have no problems living with multiple females at all. They aren't known for the dog aggression, like the males of the breed.
Everyone tries to say their breed is special... I'm sorry I don't buy it. I've known many and gotten to personally work with a few. Like with any dog same sex pairings are fine as long as a pecking order is established and you don't house two dominant dogs together. Dobermans by nature should not be dog aggressive.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Plebayo

Everyone tries to say their breed is special... I'm sorry I don't buy it... Dobermans by nature should not be dog aggressive.
Yeah, and the people that wrote the links above know nothing about Dobermans, no matter they are long time breeders, trainers, vets, and owners, some for over 50 years with the breed.

Dobermans are not hounds, bred to live with each other in large groups. They are bred for personal protection of their master and that is reflected in both their structure and their temperament. They are good dogs and obedient. But even at the very least if you read the standard of the breed, dog aggression is not penalized and is even accounted for in the standard towards other dogs.
Dog aggression is more multiple males in this breed alone, not females by any means. I cannot speak for other breeds, they might be different. Most breeds have differences.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know in the Cairn Terrier standard they are not penalized for being fiesty and starting arguments among the males in the ring. Part of the terrier nature.

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say congrats on the pup!

I'm still hashing over whether I'll be getting a doberman, boxer, or rescue greyhound (when I eventually get a house w/ yard), but right now the doberman is at the top of my list.

As for the ears and tail...I like the look of the cropped and docked doberman (they look too houndy to me w/ the ears and tail on) and I'll probably go with a breeder that has the ears done by their vet before I purchase the pup.

Art

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a red/rust dobe, great dog!!!! Personally it is the only breed of dog I would ever own. Sara has been constant in temperment and never caused an issue. She is docked, but we left her ears natural.

Cute pup!