Our Daily Thread for Wednesday July 11

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, Donna, you'll just have to get behind me in line for the single secret service guys. I do believe I inquired first! I went shopping this afternoon for a pair of Ray-Bans just to be prepared.

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was so happy to see tha the Daily Thread has returned. Anne, congratulations on the wonderful news. I was never blessed with a baby, but such a miricle as that tiny life swimming around and waving his tiny little arms gives me a sense of wonder

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Deb, Thanks for the welcome. For the last 3 years I have worked in a high school life skills class. The students all have mental retardation. They are a wonderful group of young people. I am certified in social studies, and just received Spanish certification, so I am hoping to teach one of those subjects this fall. I have to admit, I am not sure what Title 1 is. How do you manage elementary kids, they have so much energy! Brenda

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bren:

We are a federally funded school for a low-income population. 93% of our kids are on free or reduced lunch. It comes with its own unique set of challenges. Every time I think I've seen it all, something else comes along. Anyway, don't credit me with too much energy. I don't teach 1st grade or Kindergarten. I really prefer to stay at 4th or 5th grade level, although I have taught as young as 2nd.