Our cats are driving us insane!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It just might be an orange tiger thing - see little Ferris in my siggy? He's a maniac, ALWAYS playing, ALWAYS running through my house at break-neck speed. And I am ALWAYS laughing at him.

He has a basket full of toys in the kitchen. Every night I put all the toys in the basket, by the time I come home from work again the next day, it looks like a cat toy factory exploded in my house. Not just in the kitchen, LOL.

I keep my trash barrel under the cabinet next to the sink.

Most important thing I can suggest to you: Maintain a sense of humor! They are just little babies, soon to be teenagers, and they are having a grand old time. They are HAPPY!

Don't worry - they will settle down into staid old cats soon enough, and someday you'll maybe even miss the energetic days of their youth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

red34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

Do you have any pics of these little monsters? lol.
We use the collars to tell them apart when they're running around going crazy. Blue = Riley, Red = Charlie

These are their latest pictures - from a week ago.

This is Super Riley with his "cape" (tissue papper that I tucked into his collar - they go crazy getting it out!) He's about 4 1/2 ft off the ground going after a laser. (Note the outlet in the lower left corner, gives a good perspective of how high he is) See his bushy extra long raccoon tail?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That last pic is a GREAT pic!! The first 2 that is amazing, they are identical!!!! How adorable are those 2 wild and crazy brothers

whisper2me

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Get a small bag of cat litter and put it in the bottom of the trash can. This will prevent the can from being tipped over because it weights down the bottom. If the trash has a lid (and it should) weight that down as well. Wipe it down at night with a lemon scented air freshener- just spray the stuff on a cloth and give it a quick swipe.

Find interactive toys to play with them instead of chasing them. Neutering helps as well.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, they are absolutely precious - I'll take them off your hands if you'd like!

red34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by whisper2me

Neutering helps as well.
That was done at 6 months. I also use other toys aside from chasing them - that only comes into play when they're absolutely driving me insane! They really enjoy the laser pointer - and even know I'm the one producing the light. They get all excited when that "toy" comes out! Another thing they absolutely love is when I get down on my hands and knees and peek around the corner at them, whether it be behind furniture or a wall, as soon as I go back into hiding, they come to invesigate, but each time I stick back out they freeze. The rooms in the house are all connected, and I keep moving further around. This goes on for some time until one of them decides to go around the other way and playfully sneak attack me and almost give me a heart attack! It's cute because they've caught on now and whenever they see me coming down the stairs they "hide" on one of the steps, and I play along, stepping over them and getting my ankle grabbed.

red34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They've now started climbing the shelves in the basement and gathering fiberglass and putting it in the front hall as a "gift" for us.. isn't that REALLY BAD?! I guess that may explain their nasal sounding breathing.. vet visit! Why do they do this?! What cat thinks.. hmm, I'm gonna climb up this shelf, grab some of the pink stuff and play with it! Doesn't it hurt them at all?! Their litter box is down there, which is why they go down there.. and to follow around anyone who goes down there! We've tried having it on the first floor, but there's really not a good spot for it! Canned cat food just makes everything smell 10x worse! And the second floor is out - our water garden fish are inside for the winter, I'm sure they'd love that! Does anyone else's cat play with fiberglass? I just don't see what's so appealing!