Our Beloved Maryam

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I laid our beautiful, beloved Maryam to rest this morning.  I do not know for sure how old she was, as I adopted her when we were in the Mojave, and she seemed to be a young sub-adult, but sometimes you can't be sure.  She was at least 13.  After our loss of Rani on 29 June and Sahra on 24 September, our loss of Maryam is too much to bear, but bear it we must.  I am not sorry for her -- she is free now, and in a much, much better place than this earth could ever be! but I mourn for us left here behind, and it is so hard to try to console Tarifa, Suha, and Elvis, who have seen too much sorrow.  Fly free, beloved Maryam angel, forever CHERISHED <3 ((((((((^^)))))))) <3 and watch over us all, with all who are up there with you, until we are together again in due time, never to part. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so, so sorry to hear that Maryam has passed away. Losing three cats in one year must be extraordinarily painful - I admire your strength in dealing with this. Maryam really was a beautiful girl and has such a sweet face.  I hope with time you find some comfort in happy memories, though I know it will take a long time for your heart to heal.  Again, I am so sorry.

RIP darling Maryam.  

kaoritokyo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Maryam is so beautiful,sweet girl.
Hoping she is enjoying the view from sky high right now.
Rest in Peace[emoji]128062[/emoji]

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved Maryam especially after the loss of your Rani and Sarha. I can see from her photo what a loving girl your Maryam was. She is at peace now running free with Rani and Sarha who were there waiting for Maryam on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Elvis, Suha and Tarifa as you all weather this loss.

[emoji]128149[/emoji]RIP Beloved Maryam[emoji]128149[/emoji]

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your beloved Maryam is at peace now, secure in the knowledge that she was loved and cherished, never to be forgotten. It leaves such a huge hole in our hearts and our homes when they leave us, time is the only thing that softens the sorrow and brings a new life order for us to follow. Although her journey is now along a separate path, she will always be close by, the 'essence' that was Maryam will never leave you, she will surround your life with her love and comfort as long as you are alive to have your precious memories. Cherish having her in your life, what she gave to you is priceless. Remember that she would never want you to be so sad when remembering her and the little ones that left before her, but to allow sunshine back into your life and to pass on the legacy of love that they left you. It is as she would want for the ones she loves above all else, just as you would want for her if you were the first to leave. Because this love, and the love of the others, is spiritual, it will follow you for the rest of your days and bring you comfort when you are filled with sorrow. My heart goes out to you, I know your pain. I'll pray for you all, I'm so glad to know of this wonderful little girl and that she was so loved in this world. Take care.......RIP beautiful Maryam, you will be held in loving hearts for eternity, sleep tight sweet princess! 

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Losing 3 kitties in only 4 months is INCREDIBLY hard to deal with, I am so sorry to hear this! Way too much bad stress and heartache to deal with, my goodness.....but just know that those 3 are together again at the Rainbow Bridge, they are not alone but happy and healthy again, and like you said you will be reunited again someday. Pour a lot of lovin' on the ones here who remain with you, and take care of yourself too. I can't imagine losing 3 cats in such a short span.

I hope your hearts all start to heal soon, God Bless......

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my![emoji]128557[/emoji]
Thats incredibly sad to hear!
RIP little Maryam ..[emoji]128158[/emoji]
You will be missed );
I would love to see other pictures and
share some great times you had with her when
Youre ready ...life is a big hard tricky test ,but only the people who know how to handle it will live a happy life!
#RIP_Maryam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TYSVM for your kind thoughts.  Maryam was adopted by me after my then-husband and I and our large rescued cat family moved up to the Mojave from East L.A. area; one of our big males had escaped the cat-fenced barn compound where we housed our formerly outdoor "community" cats, and after putting ads in the local paper and signs up around our area, I got a call from someone who said he might have our cat.  When we met, I saw that the cat was not ours, but the guy said he could not keep her, so I gave him a little money for his trouble in driving over to our place, and popped the girl into the carrier I had brought up to the front of our land.  I deposited her in the barn compound, where she promptly did the first of several escapes; and since my policy is indoor-only (and/or cat-fenced barn compound, or catio) for cats,  I brought her in to join the indoor family. Her "calico 'tude" soon earned her a good position in the family, and when my ex dumped us all, she came back down to L.A. Metro with me and as many of the family as I was legally allowed to house in this quota-ed city.  (Twelve of our formerly "community" cats found sanctuary; another long story.)  She has been a beloved famlly member since 2004, and she is terribly missed. 

*In the "frog position"

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanking you so very much for your kind thoughts, and yes, all you say is so true.  So many are up there watching over us! 

We lost four in just a short time when we moved to our last place -- one to CRF, one to Mast Cell Lymphoma, one to what was probably an aneurism, and one to HCM.  None of them were old, and it was a terrible time to get through.  In this case, Rani was 19, Sahra between 14-18, and Maryam at least 12, not old at all, but sometimes it happens that way.  

Yes, it is a very, very hard time for those of us left here without their physical presences! but my spiritual beliefs help me to remain strong, as do my beloved ones who are still here with me.
*In the catio, in happier times*

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of sweet Maryam.  Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this time.  Rest in peace, Maryam and may you always run free in joy.  
  Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos of Maryam.

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh Maryam such a cheeky little cat!

you will always be  remembered in our hearts!

sending you lots of hugs and kisses from me and Alice to help make you feel better!

youve gone through so much lately .. just relax for a bit and remember your good times together!

alot of stuff happen in life but that only makes us stronger!

If you want to talk about your feelings then there is this lovely community of cat lovers that will help you get through this!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts.  Everyone is very sad; they are not eating as well as usual, and I have to force myself to eat, but I do because I know I have to remain strong!  They are quite subdued; I give hands-on affection whenever I can, and we are all staying close together whenever possible. I know I am very traumatized and in shock -- it's only been since yesterday, after all -- and I expect they are as well.  I am trying to maintain the status quo as much as possible, because we all need that, and cats are very pattern-oriented, as am I.  It feels very somber here. 
*With her brand new handmade Tranquility Blanket*