Our 5 year old Maine coon is sick.

ak12taco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to hear your baby is doing better! Thats all that matters!!! I will be taking my other cat to the vet Wed...he will getting a complete senior bloodwork...funny hes not yet 9 and a senior....where did the time go?! lol...again, relieved your kitty is doing good! keep up the good work "momma"

ak12taco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
and by the way,  Bigblue...PLEASE forgive me if I came across as a "doomsdayer" that was never my intention....as I said your cat prob had us worried for nothing, which she did the lil stinker..
..I merely wanted to point out that I thought my Taco had a cold....but it was more.....the symptoms can be so similiar and that was the reason I stressed on TESTING to you, only the tests can truly diagnose, not me..that was not my intention....glad the fur ball (and your nerves...lol) are doing much better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigblue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry Taco, I do understand your passion. Those kitties get into our hearts.

My kitten relapsed...went to a different vet. He treated her exactly the same as the first, I did get blood tests. This time she has a fever of 104.

I think we will have to put her to sleep, she is hurting. But your right I am glad I did this. I have another Maine coon, and will need to check her out too. Still waiting on results.

My first vet did the right thing. The new vet , I liked better, my cat went to him and cuddled...that speaks volumes if your animal sees the vet as a helping person.

ak12taco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your baby...whats the latest if I may ask?

I got Tacos lab/blood results...my poor baby was very sick...his levels were OFF the charts..BUN was 110!!! normal range is between 10-30 Im told...his potassium was also very high, from the damaged kidneys failure to excrete properly...omg I could go on and on but it wont bring him home to us....and so I will go on missing him...

However we did the UNTHINKABLE!! we went and adopted another cat! just shoot me now
  found the sweetest lil male tabby dsh who is declawed already and neutered and he is 8 yrs old ...our other cat AK is 9...so no kittens to stress him out, however its LIKE WAR with these 2 guys....been 4 days and they are still seperated and hiss when they see the other thru the gate/screen...have even resorted to a 40 dollar plug in for cat pheromones...yes, its funny how these lil guys take over our hearts...and wallets...lol

wishing you the best Bigblue with your baby...