Our 21 year old kitty cat,,,,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, If anything she is getting more friendly in her old age. 11 years ago when I first met Missy she was the king of the house and most times if I tried to pet her she would try to tear my hand off
. She does have a few things she does that are a little strange, she has to have her water in a glass or China bowl, she will not drink water out of the plastic things I have for water for the animals. She has to have her soft food on my dresser in our bedroom or she will not eat it, she will let the others eat it if I try and feed her in the back room where the dry cat food for the other cats is. But I can live with these things if it makes her happy at her age. I hope she is around for a couple more years yet.

The vet said something at one time about doing some X-rays on her just to see if there is anything odd going on but so far we have not done it, she seems to be doing OK yet, she don't seem to be hurting and I have not noticed any other changes in her. She does like to eat all the time and not gain weight but she don't seem to be loosing weight either. We are really tight for money with Yvonne being off work for so long with rotator cuff surgery and then the infection stuff so we are going to let Missy alone for the time being but if I see any problems come up then I for sure get her to the vet asap.

Now she lays on my chest at night and purrs away as I pet her. I think she has attached herself to me because I am always looking after her and help her if she gets into trouble. She has always been a loner as far as being with the other cats. If any of the other animals get to close she hisses and spits at them. She does run around and chase Cozmo and then Cozmo will chase her but they never play fight like Cozmo and Misty do. Yvonne was telling me that when Missy was young that they couldn't keep her in the house and that she was hit by a couple cars, not run over by the tires but hit by the low part of the front bumper or the floor of the car and Missy would roll down the street a couple times and get up and run off, so She has used up a few of her 9 lives so far
. Yvonne says Missy is as tough as a old plow horse

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi I found out that Missy didn't win anything in the Cat Fancy oldest living cat contest. 4th place is 22 years old, the winner is 26 years old.

Missy is still doing good, no new problems.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tom W

Hi I found out that Missy didn't win anything in the Cat Fancy oldest living cat contest. 4th place is 22 years old, the winner is 26 years old.

Well, at least that's good to hear! I guess Tigger is nowhere near at 18 1/2. LOL

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tom W

good to hear that your precious girl is doing so well.

that must be amazing to share your life with a cat for 26 years. i hope i am blessed like that one day!

msyfun

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our 1st baby lived to be 23 yrs old. She only had hyperthyroidsm for the last 8-10 yrs of her life. She didn't like anyone but us. Toward to end she quit cleaning herself and got matted she was not fun to brush either. We miss her daily.

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Missy is a beautiful cat!

I love her coloring.
I have a cat who will be turning 20 years old next week.
It's nice to see that someone else has enjoyed over 20 years with their cat.
Do you have any other photos of Missy?