Other than food or water, what are the 5 most important things a pet needs?

aiendreas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm trying to get a friend for my kitty (he's not really a people person so I think he needs a friend), and this question is on the adoption paperwork. I'm stumped. Exercise. A safe environment. Companionship. Ugh. What else?

calicojack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mental stimulation (sort of related to the exercise/companionship thing)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A clean environment. I second mental stimulation. And. . .um. . .well, that's five, so you're all set now, but you're right, it's hard!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aiendreas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well,  I settled on:   Exercise and stimulation. A safe and secure environment. Companionship and love. Regular health care. A clean litter box!

Nothing is wrong with a shelter trying to do its best to find the right home for their kitties, but I'm just not very good on a written test! *^^*

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another way of looking at the question:  what does your resident cat need?  This is especially important when find the right temperament, personality for your resident cat.

A clean litter box is really important, especially now that you'll have two cats (so, the rule of thumb being number of cats + one = number of litter boxes).

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If i was righting it down

Clean litter

vet checkups

excersize or play time

clean house

daily grooming

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Food, good food.

Water, fresh and clean.

Adequate shelter with plenty of places specifically for pets enjoyment (as in cat trees, condos, beds,etc.)

Proper excercise and stimulation (toys and play... Even interactive toys aka toys that involve you playing with cat.)

A good and exclusive vet you use. (medical care)

Lots lof love and companionship with quality time spent with you.