Other Pets?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just cats, for now. Hubby wants to get some fish, and as much as I think the cats would enjoy kitty TV, I have my reservations. I have zero interest in fish, and even less interest in cleaning fish tanks. This is the same man who SWORE that he would take care of the litterboxes, which I do.

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have fish. We used to have Leopard Geckos, a Ball Python, mice, Rats, Hermit Crabs, Guinea Pig, Zebra Finches, and a Tarantula. We lost some to old age and rehomed the rest. The cats were destroying the cages they were in.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just have Ivo, unless you count the occasional roach which comes and visits...

My brother and sis-in-law have one cat, Natalie (Kiki), along with two dogs, Shabba (boston terrier and pit bull mix) and Boh (boston terrier). I can say from experience, Kiki runs the house!

hermoine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a pomeranian, a long haired chihuahua(sp). I have had a beta, he died in Feb, a couple hermit crabs, they also died. I have had goats, cows, horses, chickens, ducks, geese and emus. I have also had many dogs and cats along the way but only the 5 of us now.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just have dustbunnies, er, make that dust-and-fur bunnies, the size of small animals. And that's with vaccuuming three times a week. I swear I am going to crazy-glue the fur on these cats so it doesn't shed....

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Mom of 10 Cats
We just have dustbunnies, er, make that dust-and-fur bunnies, the size of small animals. And that's with vaccuuming three times a week. I swear I am going to crazy-glue the fur on these cats so it doesn't shed....
Too funny...I think I have a few of those bunnies around here too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gmanddix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I myself don't have any other pets, but my dream is to someday get an African grey parrot. As much as I adore cats, I'd also loved aprrots ever since I was a kid. I'm aware of the possible hazards of cats and parrots existing under one roof, but I also know that people have successfully made it work--and so will I!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have fish. African Cichlids. They're feisty little buggers.

And yes, fish tanks are a HASSLE and a half.
They're harder to take care of than cats

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a Pomerianan named Mandy. I'd love to have more animals, but 4 is enough for now. They keep me busy the way it is!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
a displaced peacock (mate died) German Shepherd, cats (lost count) *G* and 2 horses. I also do wildlife rescue- unofficial pets are a skunk, a raccoon and a possum who come here every night to say hello

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have Spike.
Sometimes I think it would be nice to have an aquarium of fish so Spike could have kitty-tv. Then I realize I don't want to deal with the tank.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Sicycat
I have fish. African Cichlids. They're feisty little buggers.

And yes, fish tanks are a HASSLE and a half.
They're harder to take care of than cats
You are soooo right!! I had four big fancy goldfishs. They all passed away now
they were ALOT harder to take care of then the kitties!

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have the worlds hardest to keep little red devil - hes nearly four years old - talks non stop, watches tv and is red haired in color - eats for Britain, sleeps all night and demands that I play with him all day solid.

Yup - being a parent to a son is definately chaotic

K

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Other than that I have - which my mum looks after for me - three Yorkshire terriers, another huge black cat called Woody and she has a budgie which terrifies me.

Dogs are called, Ross, willow and Jamie. I had a short haired chihauhau until last year who was 16 when he passed away - i was devastated.

Have a red haired wife - does that count?

I said to my wife today that i had thought about a change of career and thought about going into farming. She told me on monday coming, straight after my vasectomy I would be fine to pursue this as I would have a couple of achres for sure.

Women are cruel...