Oscar is sick & Siberian Husky needs a home

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cathi, I'm so sorry that I saw this so late. I'm really glad that Oscar is doing well.. Bless his little heart for going through all that medication and infection!

I'm glad that the Husky has found you... hopefully you will keep her...

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are you going to cat test her (safely for the cat of course) before you bring her home? I would never be able to forgive myself if one of my babies got killed by bringing in a cat-killing breed to my home.

spideycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alot of you'all seem to think that blondiecat keeps her big dogs in the house the only dog that stays in the house is the minpin Ceaser and the cats so she does not have to worry about the cats being jumped by the dogs. And lil sis I can come over and help with Oscar all you have to do is call.
Big Bubba

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cathi ive just seen this now. Your anything but a bad mum

I'm pleased to hear Oscar is doing ok now.

I can imagine how furious you are about the poor dog, i would be the same

Let us know what you decide

charmsdad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I may need some help introducing Nakita to her That is one thing I am concerned about. Nakita has gotten quite attached to me She was an abused dog and it has taken a lot of love and patience to gain her trust. Even at that she has gotten very snappy with Dakota when I am out there with them. I have tried to show her that she is the Alpha dog in my little pack and she comes first.

Dakota is still a pup, a big pup @ 60lbs, but a pup none the less so he is spastic when I am playing with them I may be wrong but since Nakita has a problem with her hip, she has been on medication for her hip over a month now without much results(she is being x-rayed Tuesday) that maybe why she is attacking Dakota when he gets too close to her. She has even snapped at me once when I was brushing out her coat as I got to her hip. Bless her heart she looked so sad when she realized what she did
A bad hip absolutely can cause a dog to become a bit "nippy".

With a spunky younger dog the older one will generally have to put the younger one in his place a few times, then things should calm down. Generally a male/female combination rarely produces serious conflicts, though there's generally that initial period where they establish their personal space issues. I would expect the new dog (Dakota) to try and shove himself between you Nakita, and then she'll snap at him. He'll learn. Don't step in unless it looks like it will become more than some growling and quick snaps. Chances are he'll yelp a time or two, then show submissive behavior to her (turning his side, dropping his tail, rolling on his back). As I mentioned, it is extremely rare to have serious issues in a male/female pair even with a large age difference and generally best to give them the time to work things out between them (though caution is always in order.)

Introducing same sex dogs can at times be a much different issue, and introducing dogs with cats or other species is all together separate.

George