Oscar is really, really sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please give dear sweet Oscar hugs (if he likes them) and kisses from me. Godspeed sweet boy....

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the worse countdown that could ever happen, time seems to speed up in a cruel way. It really is amazing how many people have fallen in love with this sweet boy. There really is something special about him. I am very sad that this little soul will be leaving us so soon. Prayers and hugs for both of you.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am heartbroken......countdown.....omgosh....

Bless you.....

I will be thinking of you and Oscar all day....(((((((hugs)))))))

You have been so loving and caring...providing everything Oscar needed in his last days....Bless you, thank you for you love for him.......

He will not be alone...you will not be alone; Oscar will always be your 'heart' kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rionkatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I;m hoping to get a vial necklace with his ashes to have with me always. Of course, he'll have an urn, but I want something that keep him as close to my heart in death as he was in life.

2.5 hours...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ask the vet for a locket of Oscar's fur and a print of his paw in clay. I wish I had thought of asking for some of my previous cat's fur but I was understandably a mess at the time (he passed on his own in the ICU surrounding by vets who tried their best to save him).

rionkatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind and ask for it.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my sweet dog Missy cremated 2 years ago when she was very sick, so glad that I did, I kiss her urn every day. I have an end table that has her urn and a painting made of her on it. I also cut a hunk of her fur and placed it in an envelope. I think it was not until 1 year later that I was emotionally able to take that soft hunk out of the envelope and hold it in my hand. I like the idea of a necklace, with a few of his ashes inside, that was not an option for me back at that time. Again, I am so glad I chose to have her cremated and you will find that comforting for you too, dear. All my best to you at this difficult time, and give Oscar a big hug and kiss for all of us on TCS, and of course a big hug for you too, dear.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
It is brutally unfair that Oscar found a home only to get to enjoy it for such a short time. And yet so wonderful at the same time because he did not end up being one more homeless cat scraped up eventually and thrown in the trash or taken to the landfill.  He had a naming and a person. And I am so sorry you didn't get more time. You cannot look at that face without falling in love.

I remember our last night. It is a twisted gift to have these hours to say goodbye and prepare. May his passing be peaceful and so may your heart.

rionkatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We're at the vet's now. I'm trying very hard to not cry in front of people but it's getting increasingly difficult.

15 minutes.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
We're at the vet's now. I'm trying very hard to not cry in front of people but it's getting increasingly difficult.

15 minutes.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

I bawled, and didn't care if people noticed, because no one else mattered. No one else matters now either. If you need to cry, it's ok to cry.

I remember we got to the vet early also. Couldn't stand waiting in the house for the time to come.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Sending hugs. I cried in front of people. They too had tears in their eyes. Oscar you have touched each of our souls. I know there are some things to go along with this. I have a phrase in my mind but can't remember the whole thing. It goes something like=don't be sad because I am gone, because life with you was heaven. Is something I remember. I will have to Google it but it was something that really helped me when it was time.

May your journey to the Rainbow bridge be gentle and full of love.

Thank you for letting us along for the journey.

We will never forget you Oscar and Rionkatt.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm crying for him too. 

Lots of love from Orlando, Florida, from Atticus, Thirteen and Warner. 

The first two are cats, the last one is a human--a very, very upset human who is genuinely sorry for your loss.

Please take comfort in the fact that you made Oscar's last few months infinitely better than they would have been without you.

You are a kind and generous person and I cannot tell  you how much I admire you.

You made a difference in this cat's life and that's such an amazing, special thing.

rionkatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet is busy with someone else, but I don't mind. We're on borrowed time right now. I'm crying as he purrs on my lap.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
(((Hugs))) [emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]

jmarkitell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had a very difficult time reading this, as I know how you feel and have been in the same situation. I actually had to take a break before I could compose myself to write this. I wish Oscar a peaceful journey and I'm sure that you will be reunited someday. Sorry, I can't write any more again. :(

Take care Oscar, you are loved more than you will ever know!

Jim

rionkatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's done. He passed quietly and without trouble. Some may think me insensitive to post on a forum so quickly, but I find comfort in mourning a life together.

On his urn I wrote to be inscribed,

Your soul and mine are very old friends.
May we meet again in another life.

Dearly beloved and very much missed.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope every one of us are as lucky when we take our last breath.  I also wish that we could have all been there with you today physically and not just in spirit.

You are an amazing person.

Thank you for all you've done for this amazing animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.