Oscar is in the trap! need advice

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Honestly, I worry a LOT more about the ferals than my indoor kitties (and all of them are feral rescues). A LOT more. Gary and I constantly try to remind each other - we do what we can, the rest is up to them.... and, of course, other kitty loving friends (and TCS) are here for vibes, reassurance, venting concern, etc. But it's that lack of control that can just drive you to the brink of insanity. :anon: :heart2:

whaler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 I had no idea how emotionally attached I would become to these ferals.  The TNR is intense for me also.
:yeah:

when i first started doing some tnr work and established a colony i had no idea how much these cats could tug at my heartstrings. i think, for me at least, a lot of it is witnessing how they (my ferals) have progressed and having a sense of just how much bravery it takes on their part to show some trust in me.

rebecca cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes LDG - I have said numerous times that the outside cats cause me more stress than my inside cats I adopted from the shelter.  I love them all but I can't pickup and hug the ferals like I do my inside cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rebecca, I hope your female kitty is doing okay - I'm sure those 10 days of rest did her good but that's enough time to get really attached.     LDG, yep that lack of control is what gets me - thinking now about Hercules out in the cold and how I don't even know if he will get in his shelter.   I haven't seen him yet though the food is disappearing, so I consider it a good sign!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's when I appreciate the snow. :lol3:

Of course, Tabby and Krazy Khol had a serious spat about 3-4 days ago... and now Tabby's not using the feral villa. :bawling: JUST as it dropped into the upper teens at night. NO one is using the feral villa. And Tabby had JUST gotten to the point that she'd eat up on the deck, not under it, and she'd wrap herself around my legs as I was putting food out.... and now she doesn't even come at meal time.

BUT.... there were enough kitty tracks in the snow when it first fell after I put out that meal that I'm confident everyone is coming to eat at some point (and there's enough food disappearing, and no wet food left to freeze... ).

:sigh:

I hope you see Hercules soon! :cross: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thems some powerful vibes there LDG!    I saw Hercules a couple hours ago for the first time in one of his usual spots looking big and fine and happy.  Also the food is disappearing at the normal rate now too.    Soooooo relieved.    I'm beginning to believe it really has been Herc that I've been seeing most of the time and Oscar is the wilder one.    

That snow sounds very handy indeed - I'd love to have tracks to see what's going on.   Those feral villas just look adorable - those kitties of yours need to get in there and stay warm!