Oscar I love you - but you STINK!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oscar is about 3 months now and he's pretty good at cleaning up after himself after he uses the litter - but not RIGHT away. In fact he likes to come and jump on you for cuddles THEN go clean his business.

It's SO gross

What can I do to encourage him to clean up RIGHT away?

Of course a bath provides a good temporary solution to the issue - but I want him to learn good cleaning habits so this isn't an issue for the rest of his life!!

He also tends to step in his poo, or other cat's poo maybe, when he goes... at least he's really good with going TO the litter!

On another note: guess who has been sleeping with us every night this week?
I have a new kitty foot-warmer!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clean his feet up and hope he gets better habits as he gets older. Kittens can be a little slack since they're usually thinking of other things. (Play, play, play, food, play, and sleep.)

You mentioned your husband was slacking with the litter boxes? That could be why he's stepping in it. There's only one solution to that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I yelled at him about it! It got cleaned
Plus we moved the kitty litter into our closet-room (from the guest bed-room) so I don't think it's going to be a problem from now on when he's got to see it everyday when he gets dressed

Should I just clean Oscar up then? I'm just so worried about giving him bad habits

(This was 1000 btw
)

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would keep cleaning him until he learns to do it himself - that's what his mother would do.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Should I yell at his mom for slacking on the job then?
(He's Peaches' son - so she's still around).

Thanks for the advice guys!!

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

Should I yell at his mom for slacking on the job then?
(He's Peaches' son - so she's still around).

Thanks for the advice guys!!
I didn't realize she was still around! Yes, she should be teaching him to groom himself, not making you do it!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well she is still a baby (I'm thinking she's closer to 10 months maybe even a year now, she was just really under-sized when we got her and thought 3 months) so she's not the bestest mommy in the world

The little booger dumped a whole bowl of water on me this morning while I was dusting the wall-unit - I swear he was laughing at me!! This is what I get for trying to clean him up???