Orphaned Kitten Swallowed Nipple Tip

lostnfound

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We found a 3-4 week old kitten. He is very tiny, no more than a pound. He is active amd appears to be healthy. We've been bottle feeding him. He bit off the tip of the nipple off the bottle. He got the entire tip (the straight part before it becomes round and attaches to lid). The bottle holds 4 tablespoons so it's small but so is he.

He's acting nornal so far and didn't have any trouble swallowing. I'm really, really worried. He's going to be home alone (confined to a safe space) for a few hours today. Do we need to take him to the cet or can we wait it out?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Gosh, sorry you've not gotten any responses. Probably too late by now since you were going to be gone :sigh:

Not sure the Vet could do anything YET. I'd guess you can wait and hope it comes out the back end, but I've asked some of our kitten experts to take a look at your thread.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe no one else has responded to this thread! How is the kitten doing?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With a little luck it wil pass thru by itself. A couple drops of liquid paraffine can help - but where get it? In Sweden I found on horse gears shelf. For cleansing leather.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There are a couple pf such old questions new here. Prob moved from elsewhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lostnfound

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the replies. He's doing ok. Learning to kitten. I don't know if he's passed it yet. He has a vet appointme t next week - earliest I could get. We figure he's between 5-6 weeks. His poop is getting a bit more solid.

He's eating and acting normally so far.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
An x-ray would reveal if the nipple is in his tummy or colon. Sounds like he's doing well so far! :)