orphaned kitten not pooping

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
T tiffr

I'm thinking the yellowish poop is from the formula. Is it pale yellow?

Eyes are usually open by 14 days. They should open soon! Is Winnie a long-haired cat? They open their eyes later than short-haired cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
T tiffr

I'm thinking the yellowish poop is from the formula. Is it pale yellow?

Eyes are usually open by 14 days. They should open soon! Is Winnie a long-haired cat? They open their eyes later than short-haired cats.
it's like a darkish yellow and yeah he is long haired

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you get a picture of his next poop for me please?

Have you seen any crust around Winnie's eyes?

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you get a picture of his next poop for me please?

Have you seen any crust around Winnie's eyes?
no crust around Winnie's eyes and yes I will

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, great!
I'm really worried about the runt but I have made sure he gets at least 2ml per hour plus some pedialyte in between. Like you can pick him up and he will go right to sleep. I am still forcing food down his throat. Now about the other black one, he only ever wants to eat out of the bottle every few hours the other times I have to like force feed him too. So is there anyway to see if they're doing ok like by temp, or any other things I can check??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you weigh all 3 of them again and give me the numbers?

It may be that the big black kitten needs to be fed at longer intervals. What are you trying to give him the other times?

I'm worried about the runt too! Is he just sleeping all the time? Does he wake up at all?

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you weigh all 3 of them again and give me the numbers?

It may be that the big black kitten needs to be fed at longer intervals. What are you trying to give him the other times?

I'm worried about the runt too! Is he just sleeping all the time? Does he wake up at all?
The runt just suckled and drank all of his 2.1 ml [emoji]127881[/emoji][emoji]127881[/emoji]

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes!!! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️
So none of the three have pooped since this afternoon. Is this something to worry about? The all black one was the only one who still had dark poop earlier. All there pee is pretty clear.

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 they're all eating great usually double what they need but I am concerned about they're pooping. The big black one is now pooping yellow poop instead of black. One of them also pooped in the cage but I don't who. Since they all did poop yesterday afternoon, should I worry?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
T tiffr

I really need to see a picture of the yellow poop.

The big black kitten should begin having softer poops anytime now.

They've all pooped, so for now I think they are fine.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
T tiffr

And, is the yellow poop toothpaste-like, or is it diarrhea?

What is their alertness level?

How much does each kitten weigh today?

Last edited:

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
T tiffr

And, is the yellow poop toothpaste-like, or is it diarrhea?

What is their alertness level?

How much does each kitten weigh today?
they're all very alert and yes the poop is like toothpaste consistency. I got all of there weights I am kind of worried about the runt but he has been eating well (like 2x the minimum) but the scale says he lost weight. I am hoping that yesterday it was off or something. okay so the big black one is still 4.5oz, the black and white is 4.10oz and the runt is 3.15oz. Is there a way I can make his diet fattier or do I just feed more? I am really concerned.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The poop is normal. It can have a yellowish tint from formula. If it turns liquid and bright yellow let me know.

So the middle kitty is gaining well. Continue feeding every 2 hours.

The big black one has maintained but needs to begin gaining. Feed him every 2 hours as much as he will eat.

Feed the runt every hour again today as much as he will eat (but at least the minimum). He will probably gain back today what he lost. His weight is still okay.

It's good they are alert when not sleeping.

Has the big black one pooped a normal poop, or does he still have the black balls?

It's not unusual the first day or two of bottle or syringe feeding orphans to work out all of these transitional issues. They sound good!

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 I can't see your message will you please post it again

tiffr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The poop is normal. It can have a yellowish tint from formula. If it turns liquid and bright yellow let me know.

So the middle kitty is gaining well. Continue feeding every 2 hours.

The big black one has maintained but needs to begin gaining. Feed him every 2 hours as much as he will eat.

Feed the runt every hour again today as much as he will eat (but at least the minimum). He will probably gain back today what he lost. His weight is still okay.

It's good they are alert when not sleeping.

Has the big black one pooped a normal poop, or does he still have the black balls?

It's not unusual the first day or two of bottle or syringe feeding orphans to work out all of these transitional issues. They sound good!
okay and yeah there poop is normal (looks like other fosters poop) but there's not much but you said they sound okay. The big black one has been pooping normal poop just very little amounts at a time