Orphan Kitten And Foster Dad Cat

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I borrow Whiskers ? :) Not sure if my kitten has ever seen another cat by the way she behaves​

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can I borrow Whiskers ? :) Not sure if my kitten has ever seen another cat by the way she behaves​
Its nice he teaches the kitten to drink water, but I'd love to finally solve his peeing issues. :/

Overall, he's a great cat, and we never would have expected him to be so caring for Luna. Though he is a bit jealous she gets wet food every meal and he only gets it occasionally.

Little Luna has a sprained paw (my kiddo tripped and stepped on her), and so she is confined to her pen. Whiskers has been jumping in and checking on her. Such a sweet guy... Makes me want to foster more kittens for him to raise.

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you see the vet about her injury?
Yes, took her in right away because I was afraid she had a broken bone. Xrays showed no broken bones, so they diagnosed her with a bad sprain, sent us home with pain killers and orders to not let her play roughly or jump for two weeks.

Emergency vet on a holiday weekend... And now the little thing is hopping around like she was never even hurt. We gave her two doses of the pain killer, and then stopped as she seems fine without it, and while it was supposed to act as a sedative, it didn't. She was extremely hyper, and frankly seemed to be a bit tweaked out. Huge dilated eyes, playing extra rough, extreme startle response, dazed staring. I did some research and found this med isn't actually recommended for kittens because it can have adverse affects... Go figure.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hmm. I'm surprised the vet gave a kitten a pain killer at all. I'd have thought they may have given a cortisone shot to reduce inflammation with a soft tissue injury.

I sometimes wonder how much experience vets have. :disappointed:

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm. I'm surprised the vet gave a kitten a pain killer at all. I'd have thought they may have given a cortisone shot to reduce inflammation with a soft tissue injury.

I sometimes wonder how much experience vets have. :disappointed:
Yes... This definitely wasn't my first choice vet, but pickings were slim on Memorial Day weekend in a small, mostly military town. I have another vet I am more comfortable with (they gave me syringes as well as tips for Luna when I first got her), and they will be our primary vet.