Orijen Cat Food , Get 30 % To 60 % More For Same Price Bybuying Small Bags

zeiter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For anyone who feeds Orijen kibbles in Canada ( not familiar with US prices ), I just noticed that by buying the small 12 oz bags, you get about 30% more for the same price. Like you can get 7 of the 12 oz bags for the same price of a 4lbs bag which gives you 5 1/4 lbs . So you have an extra 1 1/4 lbs or 562 grams and bag is always fresher. And not only that, this is just comparing the "Cat " Kitten" which is the cheapest of the 4 flavors. Compare to the other more expensive flavors and you save even more as the small bags are all the same price, while the 4 lbs bag prices vary by up to $8 a bag in price depending on flavor. So you could get about 6 1/2 lbs for " Regional red" in small bags for the same price of a 4 lbs bag. That's like 60% more, an extra 2 1/2 lbs or 1140 grams more. I thought I would share this for people to save a little.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Really? That's unusual! I'll have to check that out next time I'm at the store. I could've assumed that it would be the opposite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zeiter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know that's unusual, and like you said it is the opposite, but when I saw the prices in 3 different stores, I had to post. It does not make sense, but is is like that and looks much cheaper. I don't want to post prices, as I don't know if that is allowed, and my area is in Montreal.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't see why you can't post prices. It would interesting to compare. I'm wondering if this is the case here in Ontario too, and in the US.

zeiter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, for my area all 4 flavors of 12 oz bags are $4.50 each and the 4 lbs 4 flavors bags range from $ 32 to $ 40. So for example for the price of a 4 lbs bag (64 oz ) you get 7 bags of 12 oz ( 84 oz). And that's for the cheapest flavor . For the rest of the flavors, you do the math and difference is even much higher.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't think I've ever seen the 12oz size here in the states! 12 oz would be perfect with how slowly we've been going through kibble lately!

zeiter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are listed as available on the Orijen US web in the states, but it all depends on dealers or distribution. Buy the way, the US has 90 % meat vs 85 % meat for the canadian identical version.See link for one flavor below and sizes right under the packaging picture
Cat & Kitten | ORIJEN