Order prescription glasses online?

asherdash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please check out Fetch Eyewear. Their profits go towards animal rescue. I received my frames Monday and they look great ( hope to get the lenses done at Lenscrafters, Fetch doesn't make progressives). The quality of the frames looks really good and they came with a cool case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you do have to be a member to get glasses from Costco. Ironically, the first place that I went to - the one that I had to take the glasses back 5 or 6 times, the one where the glasses dept. manager yelled at me and treated me like a 9-year old, that was Costco. I guess it just depends on which Costco you go to. I think if it's your first time with glasses or progressives, Costco may not be a good option. Their staff has training, but I got the feeling it's little more than classes that last a day or two. In between my Costco order and my online order, I went to a private optician and got progressives that were for computers/reading. I did have a problem with the lenses there, but once I explained it to them, it took only 1 trip back to correct the problem. The private optician immediately took me to the back room and made fine adjustments to my prescription, without a charge. I am happy with that pair. At Costco none of the counter help has qualifications for this, you have to go to their eye doctor and pay for an exam.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I think you do have to be a member to get glasses from Costco. Ironically, the first place that I went to - the one that I had to take the glasses back 5 or 6 times, the one where the glasses dept. manager yelled at me and treated me like a 9-year old, that was Costco. I guess it just depends on which Costco you go to. I think if it's your first time with glasses or progressives, Costco may not be a good option. Their staff has training, but I got the feeling it's little more than classes that last a day or two. In between my Costco order and my online order, I went to a private optician and got progressives that were for computers/reading. I did have a problem with the lenses there, but once I explained it to them, it took only 1 trip back to correct the problem. The private optician immediately took me to the back room and made fine adjustments to my prescription, without a charge. I am happy with that pair. At Costco none of the counter help has qualifications for this, you have to go to their eye doctor and pay for an exam.
Wow. I'm sorry that they chose to handle things that way. I got my daughter's most recent eye exam done and bought her glasses from Sam's Club. The staff there was very friendly and helpful as was the private optician. You do not need to be a Sam's Club member to see the optician or buy glasses there.