...or you could save $2,000 & get a real cat

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
(to all) Well no kidding... I'd rather have a real kitty too. Some of you seem offended that they exist.
It's hard to speak for whoever was deeply involved in making them, but I think it's just a reflection of how much the designers love cats. Imitation is a form of flattery. That's how I view this. No video link?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

(to all) Well no kidding... I'd rather have a real kitty too. Some of you seem offended that they exist.
It's hard to speak for whoever was deeply involved in making them, but I think it's just a reflection of how much the designers love cats. Imitation is a form of flattery. That's how I view this. No video link?
Here you go:

http://www.necoro.com/theater/

I wouldn't say I was offended by their existence, but after watching the video, I found them a bit sad perhaps. It shows people showing affection for these robots. Unless you really liked cats, but were...I don't know...highly allergic, and couldn't own one, I don't understand the purpose.

I can appreciate the technology behind it, though. Like I posted before, their movements are pretty lifelike!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the only good thing I can think of is there would be no being allergic to them..........give me my four flurry fluffballs anyday of the week!!!!