Opinions welcome, please! (long)

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking from an advocate's point of view, your sister needs to be empowered at this moment. That is the most crucial part of helping someone who has left an abusive relationship. They have had their power and control zapped by another person; it is time for her to take that power back.
Immediately getting so intimate with your husband's friend (even if he is a wonderful guy) probably won't be terribly helpful but hey, that is her decision and right now she needs to make decisions for herself.
I will say that it will be best for you AND your sister if you ask her to go back home OR to find a place of her own. She really needs to do things for herself now and you are now in a good position to help her with that..
I hope what I just said makes sense. And congrats on the possible pregnancy

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by diane8704

Bless every single one of you that replied to this post and gave me some very helpful insight, not to mention support in my irritation!
And there was no bloodshed. No tears. A lot of laughing and joking, but I am pretty confident that they understand. [/color][/font]
Thank you guys so much for all of the support and helpful advice, its really appreciated.
I'm so glad to hear that everything's working out! Sounds like your dad is a great guy, just like mine! Good for you guys! It's so hard to share your home with someone, when you're used to having your own space...especially if your "houseguest" starts taking advantage of the situation. So happy to hear (er...read) you're happy again!