Opinions please!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I agree that while there is nothing wrong with a married person working in a bar, if your husband has a major issue with it, and you either don't need the money enough that you have to work or can't get a job elsewhere if you do, I wouldn't do it just because it wouldn't be worth the headache.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

While I agree that while there is nothing wrong with a married person working in a bar, if your husband has a major issue with it, and you either don't need the money enough that you have to work or can't get a job elsewhere if you do, I wouldn't do it just because it wouldn't be worth the headache.
Yeah. I was going to do it as a second job.....and yes, we need the money. But I am leaning towards not doing it, to save the headache!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try and find something else first, if you can't talk to him again and suggest perhaps he is better qualified to get the second job and see if he changes his mind

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I would try and find something else first, if you can't talk to him again and suggest perhaps he is better qualified to get the second job and see if he changes his mind
He works 2 jobs now.....

I just want something to do because I have been staying home since my daughter was born(which I know theres nothing wrong with it) but I want to get out and work......

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

So, it's that cut and dry huh? I'm fairly certain that (providing it wasn't an "adult lounge") that my husband could be secure in the fact that I love him and am married to him. He would NOT be jealous and I probably wouldn't enjoy any attention and we certainly would not let it drive a wedge between us. In fact, I can say with some confidence that the advances of a bar fly would be far from enjoyable for me.
Didn't mean this as an attack on you, It was simply from my point of view.
Sorry if it was taken as anything more.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

A normal bar? Sounds fine to me.
I could understand where he was coming from if it was a strip joint.

Guys make passes at the gals no matter where you work. Your husband needs to trust you.

~KK~

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

Think about this for a second. It's a bar during the DAY!!! How many drunks do you think will come in during the day?
They don't have to be drunks. Alcohol has a way of loosening people up. The "regulars" tend to become very familiar and friendly with their bartender. It could all be perfectly innocent, but if it makes her husband uncomfortable, I think his feelings should be considered.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

Think about this for a second. It's a bar during the DAY!!! How many drunks do you think will come in during the day?
You would be very surprised how many drunks come into a bar during the day

In my teens, my dad owned a bar and I used to bus tables in school holidays, there would be people drunk when they showed up at opening time