Opinions on Names

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cindy -

I glanced under your screen name and remembered the other name that's on my list!!

I couldn't remember it until I saw "southern belle".
The other name I should have in the poll is BELLA .

Oh well, I guess it's too late now.

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im fond of the name Jocelyn. I always liked that name, and now I have a friend named that? O_O yeah (jah-sah-lynn) Its a good name.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Want to guess who the only "Rose" vote was, lol!??
I just chose Rose too!
I was gonna say "I just picked Rose" but it sounded too funny!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

My Mums name is Rosy.
Used to have a tortie named Rosie, she was a sweetie!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for Camile for a couple of reasons. My sister-in-law is named Camille and is such a beautiful, kind, funny person that you just can't help but like her. I think that Camile is a very pretty name, and not something you'd get weird looks for in most southern areas at least. I've known a couple Camile's in my life. I also like it the best out of all of the names because it's the longest. I much prefer long first names to short. I come from a family that's Jane, John, John Jr., and then me...Katherine and I couldn't be happier being the odd man out. I've always liked longer, classic names and think they sound very beautiful.

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh y'all are making it sooo hard!!! Look how close the poll is!

I know I'm taking 3 names into the delivery room and then I'm naming her there. This way, we'll have it narrowed down and 3 to choose from. When I had my son, he looked nothing like a "Thomas" and we had to come up with another name right there!

Keep the suggestions coming........someone mentioned Kate - I like that too!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for ROSE.

My daughter's middle name is Rose. Like you, I wanted something old-fashioned & traditional. Something the little girl would not be made fun of for in school (you know how cruel kids can be).

Also my Nana loved roses... everything was pink roses. We buried her on the same day I found out I was pregnant.

I love the name Anna but it reminds me of a banana. Anna Banana.

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

I love the name Anna but it reminds me of a banana. Anna Banana.
I think kids will find a way to make fun of other kids even if it's not for the name. My name is Catherine and I have red hair so I got called carrot top, evil, and anything else associated with red-heads.

My son's name is Graham. He gets called Graham cracker but he just shrugs it off. He LOVES his name and is proud of it.

I think Graham is as "old fashion and uncommon" you can get. That's why I want something old and uncommon for this one.