Opinions about PayPal....

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We use ours all the time, and have never had a problem. I don't see how it could be confusing, all the links and buttons you need are pretty straight forward and clear.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why is it so confusing? I have a PayPal account, but for the life of me, I wouldn't know how to use it.
Hope? What are you using it for? It really is pretty easy to use all around so as a merchant even considering that you lose a few cents on every purchase to them, it is still comfortable to work with.

Depending on what you want to use it for most of it is self-explanatory. Heck if I can figure out how to use it, anyone can.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat & Alix, you're one of the more reputable businesses then. I've run into businesses that charge credit card customers extra and I've worked for businesses that have upped their prices for everyone to cover the credit card charges. I think the second is more common. Nobody really even knows it's being done unless they work in accounting or with the person setting the prices.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by TTMom
Pat & Alix, you're one of the more reputable businesses then. I've run into businesses that charge credit card customers extra and I've worked for businesses that have upped their prices for everyone to cover the credit card charges. I think the second is more common. Nobody really even knows it's being done unless they work in accounting or with the person setting the prices.
I think that is a shame! One reason I went into business, was the enjoyment I had working for years in a collectable cat items store, that also included cat toys and treats. I learned so much from this former boss, including how she set prices...it never included adding anything to prices based on her merchant fees. It was a simple - here's my price (inc. shipping to her), heres my mark-up, and that was the item price. The only adjustment I ever saw her make was if shipping costs went up, so did the retail price she'd charge.

It's also one of the joys of doing your own business, you get to set the policies as well as the prices <G>.