Opinion On This Food?

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Boost

I am currently feeding this to my cat who barely touches wet food.
Has anyone had their cat on this kind of dry food or this brand at all?

I also buy their canned food for my male cat

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Boost

I am currently feeding this to my cat who barely touches wet food.
Has anyone had their cat on this kind of dry food or this brand at all?

I also buy their canned food for my male cat
I am not sure if it's the same thing, but during our transition we used the Natures Variety raw (Frozen) and were really happy. Our only concern was it seemed to be bone heavy for some of our guys, which required a bit more plain muscle meat fed. No worries =) Everyone liked it.
Overall, I do think NV is a nice company, or was when I last did reading on it!

When your cat, who barely touches wet food, is offered this raw boost does she really take to it?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guys eat the rabbit version as part of their mix. They like it and have done well on it.
My cats have become rabbit monsters! They love it in any form. It's crazy.
....sure they have...it's one of the most expensive proteins I can find :flail: Sheesh our dogs snarf down days old garbage like it's the greatest thing ever and our cats prefer the high priced stuff, LMAO!!! I love these brats. :redheartpump::hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if it's the same thing, but during our transition we used the Natures Variety raw (Frozen) and were really happy. Our only concern was it seemed to be bone heavy for some of our guys, which required a bit more plain muscle meat fed. No worries =) Everyone liked it.
Overall, I do think NV is a nice company, or was when I last did reading on it!

When your cat, who barely touches wet food, is offered this raw boost does she really take to it?

She does not eat the little raw bites out of it she leaves that for Toby which he happily eats but she does eat the kibble...And recently I have actually been making it a point to play with her right before meal times and then offer only wet food (we are working with fancy feast) and she has been nibbling at it...So I read that the raw boost kibble is very high in protein as far as kibble goes so as long as she eats that and a bit of wet food I am happy lol

Ladewyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From what I understand, it's a reputable company with a pretty good quality list of ingredients and high protein--meat being the first few ingredients is always good to see. My cat really enjoys the freeze dried raw pieces, which I buy separately and feed as a treat. The main benefit I guess is that it's already added in. You can also buy the raw bits separately if they're the main thing your after and want to feed a different brand for the main part of the diet.