Opinion needed: Purebred Persian or DLH (Domestic Long Hair)

wnh304

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I just got a cat from a friend few days ago and I need opinions regarding his breed as I am still quite confused. His father is a Purebreed Flatface Persian and has a certificate from CFA. His mother is a Flatface Persian too but without certificate. It is unknown whether the mother's parents are certified or not. 

I wanted to consider him as a Persian but some of my friends said he can't be considered as a Persian because of his mother is not certified. He can only be considered as a DLH. I am not sure whether this statement is true or not. In my opinion, I still consider him as a Persian because his father is a purebred. I have attached few pictures of him and his parents. My cat is the 5th generation.

HIS FATHER

HIS MOTHER

1 MONTH OLD

2 MONTHS OLD

3 MONTHS OLD

5 MONTH OLD

pyro burning

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My opinion is that the kitten is a DLH. I wonder why the mother has no papers..Maybe he didn't rightfully buy her with breeding rights and thus why she has no papers. But it's hard to know, only the breeder of that kitten truly knows.
Anyways, to me, any cat/Kitten without papers is a domestic, but all are beautiful with/without pedigree certificates. :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Hi. I just got a cat from a friend few days ago and I need opinions regarding his breed as I am still quite confused. His father is a Purebreed Flatface Persian and has a certificate from CFA. His mother is a Flatface Persian too but without certificate. It is unknown whether the mother's parents are certified or not. 

I wanted to consider him as a Persian but some of my friends said he can't be considered as a Persian because of his mother is not certified. He can only be considered as a DLH. I am not sure whether this statement is true or not. In my opinion, I still consider him as a Persian because his father is a purebred. I have attached few pictures of him and his parents. My cat is the 5th generation.
Your friends have right.   No certificate = technically IS a domestic.    The cat can politely be called for purebred if there is an absolute certainity it is purebred.   Say, a known breeder whose parental cats are purebred with certificates, but by some reason dont register his litters.   (I know such an example among our Swedish Russian blue breeders).   Technically the offspring are moggies, but everyone in the inner circles knows they are really purebred, and thus, the owners are welcomed to the Russian blue clubs feasts.   :)

Now, here in this case, with that face and that fur, even a half blind can see this must be a purebred persian, or nearly so...

So.  By all means, you can go and tell among your neighbours, friends and sympathisers you do have a pure bred flat face persian.  Even if he technically is a DLH.

But as he is domestic long hair, you cant use him where it counts: at shows, or in any serious breeding programmes.    And I really hope you dont want to pursue  unserious breeding programme... God forbide and so do I.

So it is written, and so shall it be.

Good luck!