Open wound under my cats ear?

justinweed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What could this be mabe a scratch from my kitten or a bite they play pretty rough. Although I thought it might be a bug bite but neither one of them goes outside?? The first pic was yesterday the second was just a little bit ago I've been cleaning it and it doesn't seem to bother him too much . He a tough guy tho💪
PXL_20230804_043535679.jpg
PXL_20230805_023108281.MP.jpg

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What are you cleaning it with. It could be from many things, including him scratching himself with a back claw. make sure your cats don't have any fleas or any dark debris visible in the ears. It looks like it is healing nicely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

justinweed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's had mites on and off in that ear For the last month or two I'll get rid of them with Mites stuff for his ears but then they'll come back. I've been keeping it clean and I'm going to go get some antibiotic stuff at Petco today.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Don’t waste your money on the stuff from Petco. It really isn’t going to help much. What works good is a product called revolution. Not revolution plus but regular revolution for cats. Apply it to the base of the skull. Usually that will clear the air mites up.