Open farm lamb vs orijen

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boy has been diagnosed with IBD. Vet also believes he has a poultry and fowl allergy. All the hydrolyzed diets have chicken. I finally have him on vitalessentials rabbit. I bought open farm lamb for his kibble. Mainly the rabbit rehydrate but small amount of kibble. I just found the carb count is 25%. He likes the Orijen six fishes which has 17%. Anyone have any thoughts on these foods? Or suggestions on any other novel protein dry?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A small amount of dry food daily isn't going to cause any harm.

Try these novel protein dry foods:

Could you feed freeze dried or air dried raw instead of regular dry? The carbs are lower and the overall quality is better than any dry. Or feed a novel protein canned food? Canned food can be left out all day without going bad. It's a cooked product.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I didn't know about these. I feed him vitalessentials duck. It's freeze dried. Then I rehydrate. But he seems to want that 1/4 cup of kibble a day. Driving me nuts trying to figure this out

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feed my IBD cat Vital Essentials, too, in rabbit. Do you feed the patties or the kibble-shaped pieces? If you feed the patties, maybe try giving the kibble-shaped Mini Nibs instead of regular dry? You don't need to rehydrate the pieces first so they stay somewhat crunchy. You might need to mix a few pieces of regular dry in to entice the cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow I didn't realize they had anything other than the dinner patties. I need to get more today so I'll pick those up as well. Thank you!