Only one - Girl Scout Cookie edition

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol: :lol: :lol: I haven't bought any in a long time. A few times I've paid for a few boxes and had the girl scouts donate them to the local veterans association.
My husband would say otherwise. He's a fan of Thin Mints, but i wouldn't buy cookies just for him.
Donating is a great idea though. I never thought to do that.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You forgot to include the new one, toast-yay! I actually just ordered the 4 vegan flavors from ABC bakery's last weekend and I'm getting them shipped all the way from Pennsylvania because the ones near me aren't vegan. Thin mints are my favorite though, especially right out of the freezer. I've never liked any other chocolate/mint mixture either.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You forgot to include the new one, toast-yay! I actually just ordered the 4 vegan flavors from ABC bakery's last weekend and I'm getting them shipped all the way from Pennsylvania because the ones near me aren't vegan. Thin mints are my favorite though, especially right out of the freezer. I've never liked any other chocolate/mint mixture either.
I was vegan when I was working and could not eat girl scout cookies. One man was selling them for his daughter but no one was buying them. I felt sorry for him so I brought 4 boxes and put them in the lounge for everyone to eat. They disappeared by the end of the day.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, those look good! I need to find a girl scout.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was vegan when I was working and could not eat girl scout cookies. One man was selling them for his daughter but no one was buying them. I felt sorry for him so I brought 4 boxes and put them in the lounge for everyone to eat. They disappeared by the end of the day.
Really? I thought the thin mints from both of their bakeries were always vegan. Poor guy though :(

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ooh, those look good! I need to find a girl scout.
Yeah I think these are available on the East Coast. I pretty much just googled girl scout cookies and one of the first pages was a bunch of Pennsylvania zip codes. I clicked on one and they had it! The west coast gets their supply from the other bakery I believe so they don't have the same options unfortunately. What's nice is their shipping is like half the price as it would be from a local troop. Like 6 dollars vs 12.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really? I thought the thin mints from both of their bakeries were always vegan. Poor guy though :(
When I was vegan I would not eat white sugar because it was bleached white using bone char. Now they use cheery pits to bleach them. I was vegan for 12 years then went back to being vegetarian 5 years ago.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I was vegan I would not eat white sugar because it was bleached white using bone char. Now they use cheery pits to bleach them. I was vegan for 12 years then went back to being vegetarian 5 years ago.
Oh okay! Yes I have heard the same thing. I know a lot of peanut butters still use bone char in their sugar as well. I had no idea about the cherry pits though, I just assumed because it says "made with vegan ingredients" on the front the picture it would be an alternative to bone char. I wonder why it needs to be bleached to begin with...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I think these are available on the East Coast. I pretty much just googled girl scout cookies and one of the first pages was a bunch of Pennsylvania zip codes. I clicked on one and they had it! The west coast gets their supply from the other bakery I believe so they don't have the same options unfortunately. What's nice is their shipping is like half the price as it would be from a local troop. Like 6 dollars vs 12.
It is with sadness I learn that our local troops don't sell the toast-yay. So I'd also have to order it special.

Not that I've been going into grocery stores where I'd just be picking up a box this year, so I'd probably have to special order anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This is what they are selling here -
147029524_10217577263937913_3216969645250284794_n.jpg

Nearby Rhode Island has a different supplier and different cookies.