Only “child” Kitten

Lillierose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat had a litter of kittens but only 1 survived (it was tragic). She is a fun little kitten and finally starting to walk around. Shy at first but she really wants to play and doesn’t have any kittens her own size to play with. I want to know if theres a way i can help her get that energy out or if i should just let her figure things out herself. Im not sure if im making much sense lol. I just feel so bad that all her siblings passed away and i want her to still play and have fun until she gets big enough to play with the other kitties.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So my cat had a litter of kittens but only 1 survived (it was tragic). She is a fun little kitten and finally starting to walk around. Shy at first but she really wants to play and doesn’t have any kittens her own size to play with. I want to know if theres a way i can help her get that energy out or if i should just let her figure things out herself. Im not sure if im making much sense lol. I just feel so bad that all her siblings passed away and i want her to still play and have fun until she gets big enough to play with the other kitties.
A common solution is to foster a couple of kittens; say from your vet (they often gets surrendered kittens). Or a shelter. Just be sure these kittens are reasonably healthy... You dont want to have some disease home, a disease their momma died off...

But being an alone kittens is doable. My oldest resident at this moment was a sole kitten. He played with momma, he played with his adult uncle and aunt.