Online shopping

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'm doing it now instead of tomorrow, and i must have saved myself at least £20 doing it this way because i'm just buying what i want. I love grocery shopping as well though i must admit
that is my problem, i love food shopping and therefore always come home with far more than on the original list!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

How did your shopping experience go Susan? Did it work out ok?
Yes it was brilliant Beth!. I booked the slot between 6.p.m and 7.p.m so i was ablt to start preparing dinner while i was waitng for it to come, because usually i don't sit down to eat until after 7 until i get it unpacked and put away, then i have to start cooking

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep!
I don`t need to use it but I was in local store that does it one day and there was obviously a new girl because she went up to one of the other store people and asked if something that someone had asked for was `Buy one get one free` do you put in the free one? The other woman said, "No! Not unless they specify they want two."
I thought that was a bit off.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our grocery stores here delivers, but you have to call them to order your groceries. I don't bother though, I'd rather stop and get my own groceries.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I think that service is terrific for the homebound, elderly, or those who don't drive. There are six houses on our cul-de-sac, and older widows who don't drive in three of them.Two of them are in their mid-eighties, and live alone. They have relatives take them grocery shopping, and use the frozen food home delivery service, but it would be really convenient for them if they could place whole orders by phone or Internet, and have everything delivered.

I order a tremendous amount of pet food from Internet shops, for myself, neighbors, colleagues, and the local shelter, because the "local offering" is pretty bad, so I could really see myself ordering groceries online, if it were possible.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to use the online supermarket when I lived in Canada. I didn't drive over there and my ex-husband worked nights so I was able to get the shopping delivered when I wanted instead of waiting around for him.

There is one over here too but I've never used it, the delivery charge is quite high around $15. I always stick to my shopping list so the delivery fee is not worth it to me.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

A lot of my friends do their grocery shopping online now and it gets delivered the same day. I've just registered with the supermarket that i shop at and i think i'll give it a go tomorrow.

Do they have this facility where you are?.
yeh, & i loveee it! it's easier on both me & Dan, as he does sooo much as it is.