Onions?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several people have mentioned the smell of onions staying on their hands. Lemons will fix that! Just slice one open, make some lemonade with the juice, and then rub the pulp over your hands...

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wesley's Mom

Ok, this will sound like a very strange question but I was wondering how many people like onions? I LOVE onions but my husband thinks they are disgusting! He says he doesn't understand why people like them. And I think most people like them so thought I would ask!! And his brother doesn't like them either. So they think I am weird!
What do you think?
I LOVE onions! I put them on everything, raw mostly, but also cook them into dishes.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wesley's Mom

Ok, this will sound like a very strange question but I was wondering how many people like onions? I LOVE onions but my husband thinks they are disgusting! He says he doesn't understand why people like them. And I think most people like them so thought I would ask!! And his brother doesn't like them either. So they think I am weird!
What do you think?
I eat onions everytime I can on everything. Persi comes around and wants some and I have to remind him that onions can lead to kidney failure in cats.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Onions are a staple for me (counts as one of my veggies
). I eat them raw, fried, grilled, caramelized, boiled, diced, sliced, and all of the above. Green, red, yellow, sweet, white, shallots, etc.

Try slicing up some onions, break them up and stir fry them with 1 tblspn sesame seed oil, 2 tblspn's of soy sauce, 2 tblspn's brown sugar, 1 tblspn mirin (japanese cooking wine), 2 tblspn water and cook till they're translucent and tender. Sprinkle with black pepper. Makes awesome side dish with anything (any rice dish, with your burger, with your steak or chop, etc).

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love onions, but only if they're cooked. Onion rings, sauteed onions, french onion soup...yummy! I also love mushrooms( again, cooked, not raw), and raw tomatoes with salt! My grandfather has a garden and he always has sooo many tomatoes. We just slice them and sprinkle some salt, or a totato sandwich on toast with just mayo and salt. YUM!! I can't wait for the tomatoes to grow!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I love onions. My favorite is to pan fry hamburgers, so that the beef juices stay in the pan. When the burgers are about half done, put in some diced onion and let them saute in the juices. When the burgers are done, pile on the saute'd onions and cover with cheese. The cheese will hold 'em in place

Pretty awesome
I love them over a burger especially like a hamburger steak. Dad got me started on that years ago. But they have to be cooked like the way you stated I don't like them raw.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I like white onions if they are cooked in or on something or sauteed until golden brown and served as a side dish. I also like them in onion rings. But I don't like them raw.
I love onion rings but I have to be craving them before I want them. And I do alot of cooking with them but I normally talk my dad into cutting them for me. I feel bad for whoever ends up living with me I will be always bugging them to cut the onions up. And then telling them to get out of my kitchen once they get done.