One Year Without Black Kitty

alphagrrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
May 27 was the one-year anniversary of losing my Black Kitty. It's hard to believe that much time has passed. I still miss him so much. I talk to Maximus about his 'big brother' all the time. Sometimes I re-read my posts here about BK, still trying to convince myself that he was happy with me and that I thought I knew what I was doing, at least up until his last week. If I think about that part too much, I still fall apart.

I hope you're at peace, little panther! I loved you more than you knew....hell, more than *I* knew!

cat062914a.jpg

cat032115.JPG

cat013016.JPG

16.JPG

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He was big and beautiful. I'm almost to the 2 month date of losing my Meela (tomorrow). I can't imagine 1 or 2 yeara from now.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Black Kitty, dream you deep. You are remembered and still loved.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a wonderful black cat!
No woner you can't forget it, but I know he has forgiven you for all your possible mistakes. All you did for him was out of love for him.
Would you mind to link the thread(s) where you wrote about him?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet BK will be in your thoughts, and your heart, forever. The love you have for that beautiful boy will never leave your soul, it is a part of you. Love is spiritual, so eternal.
We miss them so very much it can drain the life from our living. But we have to go on. If for nothing more than to keep their memory alive. You shared that special life for a little while, embrace what it brought into your life. It is a heartache now, but would have been even more so to never have known that sweet boy at all.
He loved you so much, and thanks you for giving him your love and such a wonderful family to share his life with. He will continue to send his love as long a you have his memories to comfort you.
I pray for all the broken hearted. We all need the support from those who understand what we are going through, and we need to pass on what comfort we can. A burden shared is a burden lightened. My heart goes out to you and Maximus. Take care of yourself...... RIP beautiful Black Kitty, these anniversaries will come and go, but your memory and what you brought into the lives of those who love you will endure forever. Sleep tight, little Panther!

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He looks the the kitty I took to my mom. His name is Midnight. They are such nice kitties. I wish I had got to meet BK. If you came here he was much loved.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss, we had 2 all black kitties, Slim who is still with us and his brother Skipper who died suddenly last July, such handsome boys.

May your heart heal a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alphagrrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the replies, kind people. It's so strange how some days time seems to fly by, and other days it just drags slowly on. Either way, it just goes, and there's nothing we can do about it.

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had and lost 2 beautiful black cats. My mom's cat Emerald named for her gorgeous green eyes. She was a feral kitten that we both tamed. I inherited her after my mom died but also took care of her whenever she needed medications like when she was spayed and when she had eye surgery and my mom and I lived together for 5 years and little Emma was part of the family. She died at almost 16 of metastasized cancer that was in her lungs. I had hospice in home care for the last two weeks and her euthanized at home with me holding her peacefully.
The other black cat was my beloved formerly feral Inky who I've posted about already who died 2 days ago of cancer. I finally tamed him after years of owning him and spent the past 2 years caring for his diabetes and other medical conditions and we learned to trust and love each other. He was a loving charmer who won over everyone and was very affectionate. I miss both of them very much, as I do my other beloved pets that left this world to soon.
Rip to your beautiful BK. He is with you in your heart forever and would not want you to have regrets or sadness. He knew how much you loved him and loved you so much too. Know that in your heart.

BijouBlackCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just lost my sweet black kitty, too. Isn't there something just so beautiful and special about them? Your little panther was such a handsome boy. :redheartpump:

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. I can definitely empathize.