One overweight & one underweight, how to feed?

socksy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, I didn't even know there were microchip cat doors!  I thought they had to wear collars.  Wow!  Cool!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My brother had a cat door with the microchips. I'm pretty sure the chips are in collars. Now if I could just keep collars on a couple of the Houdinis that live in my house. :sigh:
Well, in that picture of Lucky coming out of the feeding station, she's not wearing a collar....

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother had a cat door with the microchips. I'm pretty sure the chips are in collars. Now if I could just keep collars on a couple of the Houdinis that live in my house.
Well, in that picture of Lucky coming out of the feeding station, she's not wearing a collar....
There are doors that work off of the embedded (implanted?) chips.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I got the laser pointer out to see if I could get my chubby girl moving. So what does Shareena do? She sits on the back of a chair and watches six other kitties chase the red dot all around the living room. :rolleyes2

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that the ID chips they already have? Can the doors be programmed to match those?
Yeah, they do, it's pretty cool! I looked it up after reading Carolina's story, I didn't know they existed before that. They aren't cheap, though.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that the ID chips they already have? Can the doors be programmed to match those?
Yeah, they do, it's pretty cool! I looked it up after reading Carolina's story, I didn't know they existed before that. They aren't cheap, though.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I got the laser pointer out to see if I could get my chubby girl moving. So what does Shareena do? She sits on the back of a chair and watches six other kitties chase the red dot all around the living room.
That's too funny! 

I tell you, since Darko has lost just that one pound +, he is like a new cat!  He's jumping up in the air to catch his treats, jumping up onto bookcases he never knew were there before, and lately, much to my chagrin, he's been eyeballing the banisiter
.  Stinkpot fall off of it a couple of years ago, but was spry enough to do a couple of sideways twists and bounce off the walls on the way down to help slow himself down (I watched the whole thing n horror).  Not sure if that happened to Darko if he could do that, since he's still kind of chubby.  Maybe his losing weight isn't such a good idea after all!