One of our members is in the hospital

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the doctors can come up with a diagnoses soon and get her on the path too good health.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, Alison just called... She had a Gallbladder scan and the results will be in tomorrow. If it is clear she will go on to the endoscopy. She has had some gastric problems in the past and they want to check to see if these problems are back. She also has a slight pericarditis, but the doctors feel that the inflammation shown on her blood is coming from elsewhere, almost certainly from her digestive system.
She is ok, in high spirits, but just in a lot of nausea and in some pain as she hasn't eaten or has had anything to drink in over 48 hours. Hopefully this is only a Gallbladder problem and she will be able to go home soon! She can't get online there, but I am sending your vibes and love... she sent you all a most heartfelt thank you

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, wow.
Sending lots of good vibes and thoughts her way. But, it's good they're taking so many tests, and I hope they discover what this is and can start treating it so that she can be on the road to feeling better!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you some get well vibes, Allison. I hope the doctor gets you straightened out soon

elayman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Oh no! I knew this was serious when she told me her symptoms yesterday... I made her promise me she was going to the hospital today if she was not better... Poor baby, I hope it is not Lupus, and she gets better soon!!
Big healing vibes for your speedy recovery!

What were the symptoms ? Lupus I thought was a very similar illness to fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, RA, Lyme, etc...Certainly hoping it is nothing that has that kind of a serious and disabling effect on her life !

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of "Get Well Soon!" going out to Alison, Hopefully they can get it figured out and she'll be home and healthy in no time.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for Alison Joy Is her brother taking care of the cats? Or am I thinking of someone else? I know she has a room mate....

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by elayman

Big healing vibes for your speedy recovery!

What were the symptoms ? Lupus I thought was a very similar illness to fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, RA, Lyme, etc...Certainly hoping it is nothing that has that kind of a serious and disabling effect on her life !
Aside from her cold symptoms, shortness of breath that on the last day increased into full on difficulty of breathing, dizziness/almost passing out, rapid heart beating, nausea, chest/abdominal pain... The ones I was mostly concerned were shortness of breath, rapid heart beats, dizziness and possible chest pain (could be abdominal too, hard to know).

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Aside from her cold symptoms, shortness of breath that on the last day increased into full on difficulty of breathing, dizziness/almost passing out, rapid heart beating, nausea, chest/abdominal pain... The ones I was mostly concerned were shortness of breath, rapid heart beats, dizziness and possible chest pain (could be abdominal too, hard to know).
Interesting...I'm assuming the Lupus concern because of the inflammatory markers. I hope they did a CBC because those could be anemia symptoms. Get better Alison!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Interesting...I'm assuming the Lupus concern because of the inflammatory markers. I hope they did a CBC because those could be anemia symptoms. Get better Alison!
The blood test showed a lot of inflammation... She does have a slight case of pericarditis, but the doctors thing the inflammation there is not enough to justify the #s on the blood test. They think she might have something going on on her GI tract...