One Of My Ferals Was Hurt....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my kitties was attacked, trying to figure out what might have done this. I have seen raccoons, skunks, and heard coyotes in the distance at this colony. I live in NE Arkansas. I have also saw foxes not too far from this colony. (Their is a small creek close by, which is a branch to a decent size water source close by) There has also been a lot of construction close by at this colony which I'm afraid has displaced some local wildlife.

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Raccoon would be my first guess also. I have heard foxes can be a threat, but don't see enough to really worry about them. This would be the first time that a raccoon has injured one of my cats. Whatever it was got her little face pretty good. I'm very thankful it wasn't worse than what it was though

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've sent pics and a video of her to a good friend of mine who is asst to the main Vet I use. (And worked for for years) They're saying it looks like it's healing and to keep a close eye on area. (Which of course I'm doing) I know bites get nasty quick. I'l most likely be trapping and taking her in for injection of antibiotics when off work.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you sure it’s a female? Could be a male and has been in a cat fight.....it’s always a fight for who gets to mate.
One thing to watch, that the sores don’t impact her ability to eat.

Do you spay and neuter? Looks like they’re eating well...good work

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, long story with Ms Barron. First trapping, the trap malfunctioned. She was the last one in colony to be TNR'D. It was cutoff time on last day of low cost clinic so I had to let her walk. She was pregnant unbeknownst to me. 2nd trapping, I was going to bring her home to have babies but it was too late. (Had her in trap) She had went into labor and I couldn't leave even 1 kitten at the location without momma. Had to release her. That was 6 weeks ago.

Now the low cost clinic has closed for the time being. Director resigned so they put off appts for late March which I had made til ??

Trying to find another Vet, low cost, close to my location to have remaing cats TNR'D. (Which consists of new cats in colonies and a few hard to trap cats)

Saw Barron today on lunch, she's looking good still. :)

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is from lunch. Yes, my ferals are fat and sassy. Lol

20180414_121611.jpg

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update. It was def not a raccoon. As you can see in the pics, Barron and the raccoon are buds. She was the first of this colony to go up to the raccoon and I s*** you not, they headbumped. :flail:I couldn't believe it either, but they're besties. Smh.
Screenshot_20180415-213022.png

Screenshot_20180415-213044.png

20180415_211411.jpg

It was a cold 32 degrees here tonight when I went to feed. I saw all of the cats at this particular colony, except one. Candy has been MIA since the time Barron was missing. These 2 cats have always gotten along and Candy is TNR'd. What are the odds of these 2 fighting? Or is it more likely that something else got a hold of the both of them? I just don't know what to think at this point.

(Her wounds are looking better everyday) :)