One Of My Drawings

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Exceptional!:thumbsup: Did you draw the tiger in charcoal? The reason I asked is because - The range of contrast you can achieve in charcoal is unrivaled, and there is no limit to the kinds of marks you can make. There’s a strength and body to charcoal that will never be present in pencil, which as a medium is inherently more grey and weaker in tone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
Exceptional!:thumbsup: Did you draw the tiger in charcoal? The reason I asked is because - The range of contrast you can achieve in charcoal is unrivaled, and there is no limit to the kinds of marks you can make. There’s a strength and body to charcoal that will never be present in pencil, which as a medium is inherently more grey and weaker in tone.
I wish I had charcoal pencils; currently, I'm saving up for them. But, no, the tiger was done completely with regular graphite--the writing kind.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will post the outcome of the wolf here when it is finished as well. You will soon see how bad I am at determining how to shade a mouth. ;)
In all seriousness, thank you for your compliments.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise

Here is another (better) picture of the cougar from around the same time as the tiger. I just found it recently. I'd say that I'm much prouder of this than the tiger fur-wise, but at the same time.. The issue I have with this one is that I need to work on the ear-fur. The white patch on the chest (below the head) is misplaced, too. It should be moved further to the left. Well, anyways, enough of my rambling.