One Ingredient.....

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about Grapes ? Their bloated Raisins .
Not really. Well, yes really, lol, but they don't taste anything alike. Drying them concentrates the flavor so raisins are a lot stronger. Same with other dried fruits, but I think raisins are the ones that taste most dissimilar to the original.

I don't mind raisins, cooked or out of hand. Not my favorite but I don't actively dislike them.

I don't like meat with a lot of gristle, cartilage, or fat, but that's not really an ingredient, is it? And I won't eat random animal body parts like eyeballs or pancreases. Other than that it really depends on how it's prepared; there aren't any ingredients I'll rule out entirely.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really. Well, yes really, lol, but they don't taste anything alike. Drying them concentrates the flavor so raisins are a lot stronger. Same with other dried fruits, but I think raisins are the ones that taste most dissimilar to the original.

I don't mind raisins, cooked or out of hand. Not my favorite but I don't actively dislike them.

I don't like meat with a lot of gristle, cartilage, or fat, but that's not really an ingredient, is it? And I won't eat random animal body parts like eyeballs or pancreases. Other than that it really depends on how it's prepared; there aren't any ingredients I'll rule out entirely.
I too Wouldn't Eat eyeballs, or pancreas. Other things I refuse is Homoney that ruined Corn. Anchovies , Sardines . Not a big fan of Mushrooms either.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetbreads. My mother used to mix them in scrambled eggs, even after I poked at a lump of gray matter and told her that was what I didn't like. She never stopped putting them in the eggs, so I refused to eat scrambled eggs until after I was married.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetbreads. My mother used to mix them in scrambled eggs, even after I poked at a lump of gray matter and told her that was what I didn't like. She never stopped putting them in the eggs, so I refused to eat scrambled eggs until after I was married.
I agree those Scrambled eggs don't sound too tantalizing either.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's pancreas, right? (Googled: yes, pancreas or thymus.) Yeah no thanks. I understand the necessity of using every part of the animal but can't we just give it to the dogs? :barfgreen:
Thyroid gland, I think. I don't know where she got them; I've never seen them in a grocery store. They probably do go into animal feed.