One Day Old Kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's better than grieving and searching for her kittens, I suppose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MrsGreenwalt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, i would feel worse if she was. Thank you again for your kindness!!! I appreciate it soooo much!!!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What do you mean? Is she not mourning them whom passed? Its prob because she realized they were going down, and prob she lost hope for them.

Or do you mean she doesn take care properly of the one alive and healthy? If so, you must step in immediately...

She seems not to notice..

MrsGreenwalt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She doesnt seem to be mourning the ones that passed. The one that is still alive eats like crazy lol but i do worry everytime i have a litter born that there not getting enough so i give formula fir extra nutrients. And this one is chubby already lol it sucks good too i noticed the other two didnt try at all.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its very possible these two were goners, whatever you did. Happens often enough. And its wellknow its easier to save healthy orphans and sickly weak kittens. But with hindsight we can tell, its these two you should put on all your energy on. Perhaps even take them from momma, if momma wasnt very apparently continuing to take care of them....

Sometimes, not seldom, such weak ones whom would die off in nature, can be saved by their human owner into a healthy home cat.

Of course, a serious breeder prob wouldnt use such a one in their breeding programme, they would be sold as pet cat.

MrsGreenwalt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shes taking care of the one thats still alive, and she was taking carr of the other two but they just wouldnt stay warm, i kept trying. I buried them in my backyard.