Once you go black...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pretty black cats!

Right now, we have a lot of black cats and kittens at the shelter. We have a gorgeous boy with golden eyes, declawed, who has just come out of iso. A too-sweet black kitten, FlipFlop, who just loves to be held and cuddled. Several others, with varying amounts of white. It seems to go in cycles, for some reason.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As I mentioned in another thread, we have a virtual twin for Google, the cat in the baking thread. In addition, we have a beautiful little white and black girl that has the look of a Japanese bobtail to me. She's not out of iso yet, however.

The bad news is that when we get overstocked with black cats (or tabbies, for that matter), some of them have to be euthanized to clear up space for more. It takes forever to get them adopted. Our fist effort is to transfer them to the Dallas SPCA, which adopts out a lot more cats than we do. Barn Rescue is a possibility, too. But way too many of them never get a home in time.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My gosh they are both so beautiful. Having just started being owned by a black cat myself, I can say that they are really special!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I was able to adopt Talbot out yesterday and HE is a black kitty, so hopefully I'll have just as good luck with these two. They really do look like sleek black panthers. How could people not find then beautiful?