Once Feral Pregnant Kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s been have mucus come out for the past week, is that normal?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s been have mucus come out for the past week, is that normal?
i don't have experience with pregnant cats or very young kittens, but i'm sure someone who does have this experience will be along shortly.

in the meantime, may i ask:

what is the color of the mucus/discharge? is there any...odor/smell to the mucus/discharge?

have you seen or felt with your hands any movement of the kittens inside Cole's tummy? has she 'dropped' yet? -- the babies will...shift towards the birth canal at a certain point, in preparation for their birth.

you might call your vet, or bring your Cole in to see the vet, just to make sure everything is okay. this is what i would do at this point, if it were me. should there be any kind of problem, your vet will see it and be able to treat it.

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m almost positive I was wrong about the dates. I’m trying to save to take her to the vet ( I’m a struggling college student ) and I knew I would have to save up to take her to the vet, but I figured it was better than her staying outside and continuing to get pregnant. I hope she’s fine. I have contacted different vets in my area and all gave me a price and found the cheapest one. I still have some saving to do but she’s my main priority right now

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The mucus is a greenish yellow.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How are things now? It sounds like she may have an infection and need antibiotics.