Once Feral Pregnant Kitty

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats name is Cole, she has a boy name, for the fact she started coming around when a loved one passed and wouldn’t let me get close enough to figure out if she was a boy or girl. So we went with that loved ones name. Fast forward 6 months. She is in the house, sweet, and sometimes loving. But she got out of the house and we couldn’t find her for a couple of days and now she’s pregnant. She had a yellow green discharge coming out of her private area today, and she was licking it. That was around 10:00am. Between then and now she has been licking her whole body more than often. She hasn’t clawed me in forever and I was rubbing her belly because she was so uncomfortable and she clawed me. Now, she’s just laying beside me and has been following me around. My questions are: Can I expect labor soon? How should I comfort her without agitating her? And how do I know when she is having contractions? ( btw This is my first pregnant kitty)

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope so. I’ve been waiting and waiting. I read online about some type of plug and that sounds like the discharge she was having earlier but I’m not sure

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I hope so. I’ve been waiting and waiting. I read online about some type of plug and that sounds like the discharge she was having earlier but I’m not sure
Yes, I think it sounds like a mucus plug. This can be lost up to about a week before delivery, but it can be much sooner. Here’s a thread where this was discussed: She's lost her mucus plug over 24 hours ago.

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, I do not. She was so used to being outside she’ll dart out behind anyone who goes out and run in to the woods. Typically she don’t want to be outside for long. She comes back in almost 10 minutes after she gets out. But she threw up yesterday morning and threw up again today about 10 minutes ago and has already lost her mucus plug. Should I be worried?

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: It has been 24 hours since Cole lost her mucus plug. Still no kittens, and from what I know no contractions. She has been eating a little bit but seems like she wants to throw it up. And she won’t stop sleeping I’m getting very impatient.

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sleeping sleeping sleeping and very irritable

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to relax. The mucus plug can be lost up to a week before labor and delivery.

Do you have a nest set up for Cole?

Will she be getting spayed after this litter?

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes and yes. We just brought her in maybe 4 to 6 months ago. So I don’t know if she’s had any litters before this. Does this set up look okay?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, that looks perfect!

I know - poor pregnant mama kitty. :(

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe she just had a contraction. Her stomach sucked it really tight and fast and let back out very quickly!

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE: still no kittens, but she is very active tonight. And chasing her tail

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry just saw this. Last night she was very active. Today she is just irritable and active still no kittens though and she’s still licking her vagina

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: she’s producing milk. And she’s still releasing discharge.

Colesmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a good feeling they’re coming tonight, and I’ve made an appointment to get her spayed. I’m so glad she decided to come up to my house. I don’t know if I saved her or she saved me ❤❤