Once Again, I'm Asking For Everyone's Sage Advice!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to triple-support the offers of loaning a DS or portable DVD player (assuming you have it and assuming that you are ready to part with it, honestly saying 'I'd rather it get broken being used than not get used'). If you can't, don't. Only truly bad luck would make it impossible for her to return it, but she would feel AWFUL if it was the case, even though you'd understand.

This sounds like a terrible suggestion, but seriously? I'd go with one airport magazine per hour of surgary, plus 2. She'll mostly look at the pictures, but it will give her something to do with her hands even if she never reads them any other time. I'd go for a variety - Cosmo, Elle, National Geographic, Vogue (get EU and US if you can, the comparision itself is absorbing) - it's light, and even if she's dubious about buying for herself, I'll bet she'll be glad to have them while she's waiting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone!

I'm afraid I could never part with my electronics, I use them all the time and they are too personal. And putting Garth Brooks on my 100% Nick Cave iPod; that is unfathomable, lol!

But all of the suggestions are great!